Subject: Difference between Tank and Guard Tank? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
piet jones
Germany
Nuremberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The rules state that 'Tank' and 'Guard Tank' are both Special units. However 'Guard Tank' is also Elite, which seems to make them superior to normal 'Tank' units, but does it have an effect in combat?

During the Counterattack phase benefits are given to Special units and Tank units. That means 'Tank' and 'Guard Tank' units are treated exactly the same and there should be no difference between them.

The only scenario when 'Tank' and 'Guard Tank' units are treated differently is within [13.3] 'Soviet Advance Priority'.

Actually I did expect that Elite units have higher combat values, did I miss anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

I think you have it right.

Since we're slowing working on the second edition of the game, is there anything about this you think we should change?

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
piet jones
Germany
Nuremberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks for your fast reply!

Well actually I got the game last week and I am currently playing my first session. So it's a little bit too early to give any comment on the game.

However I am inevitably processing towards a decisive defeat but it's still really fun to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
piet163 wrote:
The rules state that 'Tank' and 'Guard Tank' are both Special units. However 'Guard Tank' is also Elite, which seems to make them superior to normal 'Tank' units, but does it have an effect in combat?

During the Counterattack phase benefits are given to Special units and Tank units. That means 'Tank' and 'Guard Tank' units are treated exactly the same and there should be no difference between them.

The only scenario when 'Tank' and 'Guard Tank' units are treated differently is within [13.3] 'Soviet Advance Priority'.

Actually I did expect that Elite units have higher combat values, did I miss anything?

You will find that the Soviet Guard tanks keep pushing their way to the front of the line, making them really annoying, as they always seem to be in contact with units that haven't been tested or retreated yet. However, other than that, they are pretty much just tanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.