Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"No army leader or unit may participate in a Move action if
it occupies an enemy fortified space that their power placed
under siege (Section 15) earlier in the impulse."

This is to avoid someone marching through an enemy fortified space even if it's empty, as many threads state.

However, you can move multiple formations in the same impulse to join the same siege, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zosete wrote:

However, you can move multiple formations in the same impulse to join the same siege, right?

Yes, you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ståle Mellesdal
Norway
Lillestrøm
Akershus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes. Just remember that the first formation you move in has to outnumber the defenders on its own, otherwise it will have to leave the space if they withdraw into fortifications, before you can move any further formations in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chiu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question

I am clear that a unit cannot move if it is in a hex put under seige earlier in the same this impulse nor can it move if it participated in a field battle earlier in the same impulse.

Is there anything in the rules that would prevent a unit moving after participating in an assault earlier in the same impulse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Boonec wrote:
nor can it move if it participated in a field battle earlier in the same impulse.

No, actually a stack that participated in a field battle and won the battle may move again. A stack that lost a field battle may not move (13.1).

Rules wrote:
No army leader or unit may participate in a Move action if
it was part of a formation that lost a field battle earlier in the
impulse.

Boonec wrote:
Is there anything in the rules that would prevent a unit moving after participating in an assault earlier in the same impulse?

I thought they could only move if they won the assault earlier, but I only see the above quote. More clarification would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.