Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE the setting, the megacons and the cool minis. I really need to know more about everything. Is there some place where I could find this? Possibly without having to buy the TT manual, since I'm not so interested...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Waszczuk
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
I LOVE the setting, the megacons and the cool minis. I really need to know more about everything. Is there some place where I could find this? Possibly without having to buy the TT manual, since I'm not so interested...

While I've never played the TT version, I was also very interested in learning all that I could about the game I planned to support. As such, I was able to track down some useful information that may interest you.

First off, I posted information about most of the MegaCons, and the FCC, in this thread (just find my huge post):

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1156538/faction-descriptions

Furthermore, you can visit Megacon's website for the MERCS timeline, world map, and histories of the factions (similar to my post) here:

http://old.mercsminis.com/world-of-mercs

Just click the links to the factions below the map. I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Waszczuk
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. I'm glad if this helps improve your gaming experience, as it did for me... even as I hunger to know more about the MERCS world.

I had hoped that Megacon would have offered up more of these details themselves, as in the past Brian indicated how much effort he places on developing the worlds behind their games.

I also asked whether they would produce more faction overview videos, like they did for the CCC and EU Inc. However, there was no official response as to whether or not they planned to do so. Still, I hope so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Machado
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rwaszczuk wrote:
I also asked whether they would produce more faction overview videos, like they did for the CCC and EU Inc. However, there was no official response as to whether or not they planned to do so. Still, I hope so.

During the campaign they said the KemVar video was already recorded, but I guess it wasn't edited.
And they said it would be a video for Keizai Waza as well...

I hope they shoot videos for every faction and try to keep this universe alive and changing (since that's an important aspect for a lot of people, me included).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Waszczuk
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tchuli wrote:
I hope they shoot videos for every faction and try to keep this universe alive and changing (since that's an important aspect for a lot of people, me included).

Agreed, not to mention that they don't have any detailed faction information, outside the KS, for EU Inc., EIC, GCC, or House 12 (which we didn't even know existed until "KS end" update).

Also I wouldn't mind having Megacon confirm which MERCS are in the mission packs, as I believe some are unconfirmed (black silhouettes), even though we know each faction mission pack has a minimum of 5 MERCS. Knowing would give us a leg-up on figuring out which of the remaining MERCS will appear as PM SGs.

Then there's the matter of each faction having 10 MERCS classes. We came closest to this with the 4 base game factions, but some of the others still need 3-4 MERCS... so I wonder what they will be (as I'm sure some don't exist even in the TT game).

Lots of unanswered questions, but I'm hopeful we'll like the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The unofficial FAQ posted on the KS page has a tab for MERCS Squads. It details which models are included in the KS so far, as well as others that exist or are otherwise known.

A quick summary off the top of my head, assuming Agent or higher and all-in mission packs:

8 CCC, giving players all extant or known CCC
8 EU, giving players all extant EU. Heavy and Spotter are known to be the others. EU hasn't been released for TT yet, though it is expected in the next few months, and both missing figures are expected to be in the starter.
8 KemVar, including 6 of the extant 7, missing the Demo
8 Keizai Waza, including 6 of the extant 7, missing the Forward Observer
8 GCC, giving players all extant or known GCC
7 House 4, giving players all extant House 4 other than the Heavy. Note: the FAQ indicates 7, the KS image indicates 6
7 House 9, at least one of which is new (sniper), meaning at least one is left out
7 USCR, but it is unclear which 7
6 sefadu, including 2 new units and leaving out the Berserker, the Medic, and the Heavy
6 Texico, but it is unclear which 6
6 ISS, but it is unclear which 6

Some of these, like the EU Spotter and the KW Forward Observer, have no place in Recon but can be crucial TT figures (the FO is one of the three KW needed for them to fire the nuke). sefadu is my go-to faction and the Berserker and Medic are both crucial in TT and also seem a perfect fit for Recon. I do hope we can get these missing figures in the course of this, even if as add-ons, because as a TT player I dont want to be without them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Waszczuk
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiyum wrote:
Some of these, like the EU Spotter and the KW Forward Observer, have no place in Recon but can be crucial TT figures (the FO is one of the three KW needed for them to fire the nuke).

It's my impression that Megacon wants to provide all of these miniatures, and will probably work out a solution similar to the Snipers, in order to fit them into MERCS: Recon. Originally I wondered how they planned to make Snipers relevant inside cramped office spaces, but they pulled it off by having them sniping from another building.

I'm curious, as I do not know the load out for the Keizai Waza MERCS, but in their background histories they mentioned they developed short-range rocket propelled nuclear grenades. Maybe they'll change the FO's role to carrying this deadly ordinance?

If so, it would be interesting to have such a powerful grenade affect a target zone and all adjacent zones, including through walls/doors, and thus placing multiple CDD.

Quote:
sefadu is my go-to faction and the Berserker and Medic are both crucial in TT and also seem a perfect fit for Recon. I do hope we can get these missing figures in the course of this, even if as add-ons, because as a TT player I dont want to be without them.

Agreed. I'm not interested in the TT game, but I cannot see Megacon wanting to split-up these miniatures from the others they are offering. I'm sure they'll plan to either include them as PM SGs or PM add-ons. I doubt you have anything to worry about (that is, if you don't already own them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rwaszczuk wrote:
thegrinder wrote:

While I've never played the TT version, I was also very interested in learning all that I could about the game I planned to support. As such, I was able to track down some useful information that may interest you.

First off, I posted information about most of the MegaCons, and the FCC, in this thread (just find my huge post):

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1156538/faction-descriptions

Furthermore, you can visit Megacon's website for the MERCS timeline, world map, and histories of the factions (similar to my post) here:

http://old.mercsminis.com/world-of-mercs

Just click the links to the factions below the map. I hope this helps.

thank you for this, great info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Waszczuk
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbowen wrote:
It's crucial that the KS includes all the tabletop minis (for me). If pledging 300 (TT plus all-in) means still having to track down single minis later, I'll stick to Agent (and maybe all-in).

Yet another reason for Megacon to provide you, and other new MERCS TT players, with access to these missing miniatures. I'm hopeful that we can just unlock them as PM SGs, but if not, allowing backers to buy them would be a preferrable alternative.

Shadow25 wrote:
thank you for this, great info.

No problem. I hope it enriches your gaming experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there was a response from the creators during the ks' last few hours stating that the remainder of each faction would be available via sg's and pm later this year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.