Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speel Card - Shrivelling n°1 - Test 2:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Your enemy's flesh boils and peals away.

Peal mean sound, and in this phrase for me haven't sense. For me is better "peel". Now if it isn't a misprint, "peals away" what mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Shooock wrote:

Peal mean sound, and in this phrase for me haven't sense. For me is better "peel". Now if it isn't a misprint, "peals away" what mean?

I think it's a misprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
You should write an ap-peal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of folks in the gaming business are only semi-literate in English. But fortunately their meaning is usually clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we're nitpicking, a misprint is a mistake in the actual printing and production of the card. This is not a misprint.

Since I very much doubt printers typeset printed materials anymore, printers these days just print whatever final file is given to them. This typo is a mistake by the development and/or layout team responsible for the card layouts and the proofreaders for not catching it. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
secoAce wrote:
Since we're nitpicking, a misprint is a mistake in the actual printing and production of the card. This is not a misprint.

Since I very much doubt printers typeset printed materials anymore, printers these days just print whatever final file is given to them. This typo is a mistake by the development and/or layout team responsible for the card layouts and the proofreaders for not catching it. whistle

That seems like an overly strict definition. Google is much more generous. https://www.google.com/search?q=misprint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
Lots of folks in the gaming business are only semi-literate in English. But fortunately their meaning is usually clear.

For a native speaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Shooock wrote:

Body elopes with campanologist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lankyb wrote:
secoAce wrote:

That seems like an overly strict definition. Google is much more generous. https://www.google.com/search?q=misprint

If the final file went to the printers with the word "peal" and the card manufacturers correctly printed the card exactly how it was received, then it would be unfair to fault the printers and call it a misprint. It's actually a typo in from the person who prepared the final file from the designers/developers/layout artist/publisher.

If it actually went to the printers with the word "peel" but card manufacturers printed it as "peal", then yes, that would be the printer's error and thus a misprint.

But since I doubt we'll ever see the file of what actually went to the printers, we'll never know where the fault lies. So, sure, go ahead and call it whatever you want. It's an error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael mcguire
msg tools
it's a typo. we all know it's a typo.
BUT.. wait.. what if they print in-house? Would that not make it a misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.