Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Does anyone know if you can purchase the miniatures separate from the game so they can be used in other games?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Fenris will be selling Resin and Metal figures at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valandor wrote:
I believe Fenris will be selling Resin and Metal figures at some point.

This is correct. At the moment they are not available on Fenris' website. They have a "COMING SOON" graphic where the items will be. So stay tuned for updates on these.

Cthulhu Wars! Game responsibly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you assuming the miniatures will be cheaper if purchased separately? Resin and metal figures are much more expensive than plastic.

RAFM has inexpensive Cthulhu figures, and, who knows, mebbe you can join the KS project that ended a few months ago. Lead Adventurers has an active Cthulhu miniatures forum, and can help you find Cthulhu mini's!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he just wants the mini's and not the game and I would highly suggest grabbing them from fenris when they release them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are lots of good, inexpensive, lovecraftian-type figures on the market. I do feel that Cthulhu Wars has a distinctive and exciting style.

For resin or metal versions of the figures, Fenris is indeed the source.

If you want the plastic figures, at this time we are not planning to sell them independently of the game structure (though this was an option during the kickstarter).

To be fair, Cthulhu Wars core game has sixty-four 28mm figures in seventeen sculpts. Four pieces are humongous (Cthulhu, Shub, Nyarly, Hastur), 8 large (KiY, Dark Young, Hunting Horror, Starspawn), 16 medium (Byakhee, Fungi, Shoggoth, Nightgaunt, and Polyp) , and 36 small (cultist, ghoul, undead, deep one). But even the "small" are decent. The cultist, for instance, while theoretically 28mm scale, stands ~40mm tall with an upraised arm and heavy-duty base. Recommended retail price for this is $169, which I think is reasonable even if you only want the figs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the $169 also includes a game that is so good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote to include the Dark Young in the ranks of the huge figures. It's taller than Shub!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only barely though. Shub has more fat and generally feels larger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Stockseth
msg tools
Ask me about Gladiators: Days of Blood and Glory
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valandor wrote:

Giggity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Valandor wrote:

It's rude to say such things about a lady shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Couch
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Fenris has added the first 12 figures to their web store.

http://www.fenrisgames.com/shop.html#!/~/category/id=6054050...

Edit: forgot link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nunez
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
goo

I have to admit that this "situation" does seem, shall we say "odd". The idea that people who did not even back the project could purchase the actual miniatures before the actual backers even receive CW does seem backward. Although the "prices" of the resin or metal miniatures may prove that CW backers did get a "good deal"... the pictures posted here were of the plastic miniatures correct?( Its has been eons since I have put thought to this) I am tempted to think that "us" backers maybe getting a good value for our $ of course is it fair to compare plastic to resin? Maybe not...will we all cry with envy if the detail is 100X better most likely BUT again resin vs plastic....I would think part of the deal GEG made with Fernis would have specified release miniatures AFTER CW shipped...but I am not in the business and GEG's goal was to get things from concept to reality...or warped reality depending on how one looks at things... I am thinking about going to GenCon in Indiana, very tempting and who does not like a long walk-about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
The pictures are of Fenris's resin miniatures. I don't feel it ruins the kickstarter backers' experience if some people are able to buy a Dark Young for 28 British Pounds before the game's release.

Fenris Games carried Cthulhu Wars for almost 8 months with no pay, doing all the sculpting and work on spec, hoping some day the KS would succeed, and I am very grateful to them. They voluntarily held off publishing their own versions of the miniatures, despite the fact that this would be a worthwhile source of income for them. Till now they have basically only been paid for the bare costs of casting and sculpting the figures.

With the sad new delay in the game's publication, I decided to let Fenris off the hook and let them sell the figures a little early. Fenris deserves it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.