England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had an order for Kemet on Amazon for a few months now, the date kept getting pushed back and now they've finally cancelled the order claiming their supplier won't be able to get any more stock.

So, are we just out of luck for getting this game before a reprint? I find it really odd that the US seems to have loads of stock, but none of it is making its way over here.

(I also find it odd that the distributor took so long to realise they weren't going to get stock any time soon, but that's a whole other rant)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea Where Amazon UK gets their Games, but we're définitely not out of stock in France Either. So lots of online store must have the game in stock.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
There hasn't been any stock in any of the major UK online retailers for months. There seems to be a blockage somewhere of getting stock to us, which is a shame. I have money I want to spend on your game, stock exists, but it's just not in the right place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Looks like they have it in stock here.

Everywhere else is looking pretty dry though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link, I'd never heard of them before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roberts
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Nice, I'm in the same situation. Been after it for ages, but not been able to find stock anywhere. Had my Amazon order cancelled too. I had it on order for £36 as well :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
More Wine
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can currently get Kemet with shipping to the UK for ~£39.39 from buecher.de using the discount code 8TYV-9PYU-8HUX-7NDK though I think it expires today.

http://www.buecher.de/shop/pegasus-spiele/kemet-spiel-m-deut...

I think that is as cheap as you could ever get it in the UK anyway. Hope that helps someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I never normally order from Germany, but maybe this one will change my view. Does the German version come with English rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook is actually written in four different languages. I know English is one of them but I do not recall %100 if german is one of the other three. I would be amazed if it was not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that's not why they cancelled. When one of the big UK OLGS was asked on Facebook if there was any news of a Kemet restock he replied:

Quote:
Alas no i am beginning to think Mategot/Asmodee don't like the idea of making money...

So there does seem to be an issue with the supply chain, but Matagot seem pretty laissez faire about the whole thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FritzBraun wrote:
So there does seem to be an issue with the supply chain, but Matagot seem pretty laissez faire about the whole thing.

If your customer doesn't want to buy from you, what can you do ??

In this case, Asmodee/Esdevium is Matagot's customer, as their distributor, that have to buy games to then sell them to the various stores. If Asmodee is not buying, what can Matagot do ? Force them to buy ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
FritzBraun wrote:

Esdevium (the main UK games distributor) seems to have a very patchy relationship with Matagot and their games are often slow to be made available in the UK - not sure whether it is due to Esdevium being owned by Asmodee who severed their ties with Matagot a couple of years back. On previous occasions Esdevium only seem to have picked up Matagot games after being contacted by potential customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
FabienC wrote:
If your customer doesn't want to buy from you, what can you do ??

In this case, Asmodee/Esdevium is Matagot's customer, as their distributor, that have to buy games to then sell them to the various stores. If Asmodee is not buying, what can Matagot do ? Force them to buy ?

If it was me, I'd do 2 things:
A) I'd call everyone in the chain to try and work out where the issue is. If it is as simple as Esdevium not buying units then I'd use threads like this to prove there is demand they're not filling.
B) on threads like this I'd say something like "I'm sorry, but due to circumstances beyond our control we can't get stock to UK stores for the foreseeable future." Then at least we'd know not to expect a restock any time soon and get it from abroad/buy something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also try contacting Spiralgalaxy (connected to Gameslore) who are the only other real games distributor in the UK. If the relationship between Asmodee and Matagot is 'sticky' then Spiralgalaxy may see an opportunity to fill the gap.

I have in the past been told by Esdevium that they would happily take Matagot games but it is Asmodee's decision not to take them that has slowed them down in getting them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.