Napoleon at Waterloo» Forums » General

Subject: New Edition Available... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Fletcher
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
On the DG website. Nice graphics update, looks like a strict reprint. A little pricey at $29.95 for an 11 x 17 map and 74 counters, but nice to see. I'm on the fence about it as I took the Waterloo quad map from Napoleon's Last Battles and blew up the battlefield portion to 11 x 17, which is terrific. Nonetheless, looking forward to reactions and pics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Dreizen
United States
Kew Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks nice. Thanks for sharing!

FYI: here's the current link:

http://shop.decisiongames.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
kupad wrote:
Looks nice. Thanks for sharing!

FYI: here's the current link:

http://shop.decisiongames.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode...

11"x17" map, 74 die-cut counters, One 4-page rulebook

For 30 bucks - are they serious?!??!?

That is 10-15 bucks worth, tops.

DG often means Disappointing Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the "2" in $29.95 is a typo.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Woohoo! That's amazing. That's a very, very nice edition of the game, but $30 is a little hard to swallow. NaW is a classic for a reason, but sadly I think that reason is that it didn't cost $30.

To be fair, that may indicate a printing price of $3-5, which is not terrible for a small print run with a box. The description doesn't say if the map is mounted or not. If it is mounted then the price is not unfair, it's just that we're used to getting this game at a much lower price. IE free, we think of it as a free wargame.

But I still wish DG best of luck with this edition. It's a good game, it's a nice edition, and the price is what it is. If you know how to print a wargame like this for $15 without smudgy printing and without the player using a hobby knife to cut the counters apart, please tell the rest of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game in the UK today.

Contents are 72 counters (which are very nice icons), 2 panel map (which is very nicely done, but retains the small hexes and an opportunity was missed here to go to a 4 panel map and get bigger hexes for more comfortable play) and a 4 page rulebook with colour illustrations.

The game is boxed (nice cover)

I would say that the components fall somewhere between a Decision Games mini folio and their standard folio game and that the box is adding the extra price.

I am hoping that it is a fun game, but wish the map was bigger.

NOTE - this is a substantial edit on my original post, which was made on the back of me accidentally being charged an excess £10 by my supplier, resulting in me believing that the game was over-priced for what was in the box. I am satisfied with the corrected price (£22).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw this product from a DG email.

What was once free is now $30?

I agree with the majority here, $30 is a bit steep for a small, folio game in a box. $20-25 would seem more reasonable based on what few components are inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Brent
United States
San Tan Valley
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So is this strictly the basic game or is it a reprint of the SPI flat pack which included the advanced expansion?

or

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Smith
Australia
Cheltenham
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is just the basic game - no expansion. Also it appears the rules, although rewritten, haven't changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
normsmith wrote:
I bought the game in the UK today.

Contents are 72 counters (which are very nice icons), 2 panel map (which is very nicely done, but retains the small hexes and an opportunity was missed here to go to a 4 panel map and get bigger hexes for more comfortable play) and a 4 page rulebook with colour illustrations.

Hi Norman, Can I ask if the map is mounted, thick card (Worthington games style) or just paper? I have my own Print & Play version but may be tempted if this has a mounted map.

Also, did you get the CD version included in the game. What's that like, no AI I assume?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Miniature Market has it for a special price of $20.97.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Meckel-Hartmann
Germany
Kaltenkirchen
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

The website says there is a CD included, but my edition did not come with one. After closer examination the box depicted on the 'site seems to sport a little silverish sticker in regards to the software which mine does not.
Could it be the CD is a recent addition to make up for the price? Are there two separate editions of the game?

Regards,
Torsten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wesley gulick
United States
French Camp
California
flag msg tools
Torsten, Send Decision Games a email.You should have received the CD too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Meckel-Hartmann
Germany
Kaltenkirchen
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Will do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Meckel-Hartmann
Germany
Kaltenkirchen
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent the email and got a quick reply - there are at least two print runs of the game, and the first didn't have the CD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.