Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Can someone tell me what this rule means (from page 6)?

A Survivor may not refrain from killing Toxic Zombies. In other words, when you score more successes than needed to kill Standard Zombies while there are Toxic Zombies in the Zone, the extra successes are distributed among Toxic Zombies.

I don't understand what this rule is even getting at.

Also, I though toxic zombies were targeted BEFORE standard zombies so shouldn't the rule say, "when you score more successes than needed to kill toxic zombies while there are standard zombies in the zone, the extra successes are distributed among standard zombies?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's talking about melee attacks.

Say you've got a slippery character wielding a chainsaw and standing next to a zone containing a couple of normal walkers and a bunch of toxics.

In that instance, you can't opt to have your survivor enter the zone, apply all hits to the normals, none to the toxics, and then leave again.

So, if you get more than enough hits to kill the normals, you have to apply the remaining hits to the toxics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
It's talking about melee attacks.

Say you've got a slippery character wielding a chainsaw and standing next to a zone containing a couple of normal walkers and a bunch of toxics.

In that instance, you can't opt to have your survivor enter the zone, apply all hits to the normals, none to the toxics, and then leave again.

So, if you get more than enough hits to kill the normals, you have to apply the remaining hits to the toxics.

Ah, and then suffer the toxic wound(s). That's where toxic immunity can come in really handy. Thanks.

As you can see, I followed your advice and bought into Toxic City Mall. And as you predicted, Season 2 is probably a week or two away! Can't get enough of this. :)

I must say though that I'm wary about the situations that will most certainly arrive when berserkers and toxics both share the same zone. Sounds like a death sentence to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
I must say though that I'm wary about the situations that will most certainly arrive when berserkers and toxics both share the same zone. Sounds like a death sentence to me.

Yep. But I find they also crank the enjoyment level up a notch. It's great when you finish a Zombie turn thinking "Holy crap! How am I going to deal with that!", but then end the subsequent survivors' turn having strung together their combination of actions and skills, in the right order, to get your party safe again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.