Joan Altamirano
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello I just posted another recommendation threat recently, thanks to all who reply I bought Legends of Andor and Claustrophobia.

Now I want a recommendation for a game that is simple as moving and fighting or skill testing.

Like Runebound, you throw dice, you move have an encounter with fight or skill test/fight or skill test alone. You equip your character with weapons, armours, you level up your characters.

For example I ordered Relic.... I know is nothing like Runebound but is just like a wanted, you roll a dice (it can be with movement point or other ways also, the fighting is more important) you move, draw a card that is an enemy and you fight it. Have weapons (assets), you level up (with the trophies) etc....

What I most want is that it has TONS of encounter/threat cards or its equivalents, of course each designer name it differently on his/her game.....

Hope anyone can help me with that.

Also ordered D&D Castle of Ravenloft I haven't received yet (I'm in Chile) and I think is something like I want also. I plan to order the other 2 Dungeon and Dragon games that can be mixed with it

Hope anyone could help me and SORRY for the English, I'm Chilean, still after lots of years talking writing I make several grammar and typing mistakes and my computer has Spanish auto-corretion only haha

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathfinder sounds like what you might be after. I don't personally like the game thought many do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joan Altamirano
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
Pathfinder sounds like what you might be after. I don't personally like the game thought many do.

Hello.

I put Pathfinder in the search box and some card games appear, is that the game you refer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, lots of encounters and combats with dice rolling.

it has levelling up of characters, weapons armour all that and those characters are persistent from game to game, unless they die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the game he is refering to:

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Austin
msg tools
mb
Pathfinder is a good shout, but it is a card game. I get the feeling you're looking for something with miniatures?

If so, Gears of War: The Board Game or Zombicide might be worth looking into.

Oh and by the way, your English is very good.

EDIT
Ok, I just noticed that you've already got Zombicide. So here's bunch of other similar games.

Super Dungeon Explore
Super Fantasy: Ugly Snouts Assault (this might be hard to find)
Galaxy Defenders (I dont know much about this but you might like it)
Mice and Mystics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.