Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently set up for the last scenario but I have no clue how to use the V2 or what it's purpose is?

Same for the Scud. Any help would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The V2 and Scud are basically used in the same way as Artillery/Off-Board Artillery (see Rulebook page 10).

For the scenario Endsieg this means that you place a V2 counter in hex BB4 and BB5 for the Reich, representing immobile V2 launch sites.

The Nato deploy their Scuds anywhere adjacent to Geseke, representing mobile launch sites.

The Black Hand deploy the Scud in hex O19 and the V2 in hex P19.

When a faction activates, the V2/Scud can be used to attack a hex in LOS or the CO/2IC/Recon Units can be used to call in the strikes against any hex in their LOS.

Every unit in the target hex and all 6 adjacent hexes are attacked with the appropriate firepower (14AP and 8HE).

After use, remove the corresponding V2/Scud counters.

In certain scenarios, see Scenario 10, Cassino Redux, you can choose the Warhead for the V2/Scud (Barrage, Chemical or Smoke).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
konsum24 wrote:
The V2 and Scud are basically used in the same way as Artillery/Off-Board Artillery (see Rulebook page 10).

For the scenario Endsieg this means that you place a V2 counter in hex BB4 and BB5 for the Reich, representing immobile V2 launch sites.

The Nato deploy their Scuds anywhere adjacent to Geseke, representing mobile launch sites.

The Black Hand deploy the Scud in hex O19 and the V2 in hex P19.

When a faction activates, the V2/Scud can be used to attack a hex in LOS or the CO/2IC/Recon Units can be used to call in the strikes against any hex in their LOS.

Every unit in the target hex and all 6 adjacent hexes are attacked with the appropriate firepower (14AP and 8HE).

After use, remove the corresponding V2/Scud counters.

In certain scenarios, see Scenario 10, Cassino Redux, you can choose the Warhead for the V2/Scud (Barrage, Chemical or Smoke).

Baal's balls, I totally missed that. Thanks Christian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what the real-world minimum range for a Scud or V2 is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The minimum range?...um...a few inches or so...whistle
Especially regard 0:22...

But seriously, this is a good question.
I haven't found any data for the V2 regarding the minimum range.
But some Scud variants have a minimum range of 50 km (~31 miles).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, yes, I was thinking of the designed minimum...

I'm especially fond of Thunderbird 1, starting at 0:32...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.