Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Reade
Australia
Brunswick, Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the "-or-" clause on these cards, include the red text? i.e. is the first mentioned response condition and action a complete alternative to "Add 2 CUs ...", or does the red text apply to both the alternatives.

I am inclined to say the response condition applies only to the first mentioned alternative, and that the "-or-" allows the card to be played for reinforcements without any conditions. Otherwise the "As your action:" statement does not make sense.

Note that Cards #16 and #17 have a very similar construct, with a different condition, so I assume the answer to the above question applies to all 4 cards.

Card 13 is:

Card 17 is:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loris Pagnotta
Italy
Brusaporto
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only If the red condition is applicable, is possible to play the card as response, chosing one of the two effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
loris_pagnotta wrote:
Only If the red condition is applicable, is possible to play the card as response, chosing one of the two effects.

Sorry, I don't believe that is correct. The first option is a response which may be played only when the red text applies. The second option is an action, which may be played normally during your turn, ignoring the red text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those images must be cropped, because IIRC there is text at the bottom that states that they are Removed from the game when played as either an event or a response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
comdotski wrote:
Does the "-or-" clause on these cards, include the red text? i.e. is the first mentioned response condition and action a complete alternative to "Add 2 CUs ...", or does the red text apply to both the alternatives.

I am inclined to say the response condition applies only to the first mentioned alternative, and that the "-or-" allows the card to be played for reinforcements without any conditions. Otherwise the "As your action:" statement does not make sense.

Note that Cards #16 and #17 have a very similar construct, with a different condition, so I assume the answer to the above question applies to all 4 cards.

Card 13 is:

Card 17 is:

If you are able to satisfy the conditions on the card, "Land for Sucellus" for example, as soon as the Gaul player meets the conditions, the card may be played as a response card in the same player action where the Gaul player used a different card to convert the spaces to Gaul control, and 1 VP is earned. If played as an action, the Gaul player receives 2 CU, and that is this player's action, though they may play other response cards such as NPA. IIRC, in either case, the card is removed from the game if played for the response, or for the CU's; it remains in the game, albeit in the discard pile, if used for Op's Points to activate a Leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reade
Australia
Brunswick, Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marty S wrote:
Those images must be cropped, because IIRC there is text at the bottom that states that they are Removed from the game when played as either an event or a response.

You are right on both counts - thanks Marty - good that you point this out to avoid unintended confusion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reade
Australia
Brunswick, Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tempus42 wrote:
The first option is a response which may be played only when the red text applies. The second option is an action, which may be played normally during your turn, ignoring the red text.

Thanks Brad, this is my interpretation too.

I wonder if Wray could confirm, given there is still opinions either way in this post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd agree with Brad, who was also the developer for the game. I think you can trust him

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reade
Australia
Brunswick, Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marty S wrote:
I'd agree with Brad, who was also the developer for the game. I think you can trust him

Thanks for that, didn't realise Brad's role as developer. Trust established! Sorry Brad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem at all. I usually leave these questions for Wray to answer since he's much more authoritative than even me, but I happen to know that he's got all sorts of home improvement issues going on right now and he's not really paying much attention to email and such for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tempus42 wrote:
he's got all sorts of home improvement issues going on right now .

So he's increasing his House Loyalty to level 3?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.