Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The play: Rob gained 2 points in the 5th and last hand, but I’d been lucky early on with some decent outcomes. Rick had the hand of the night with 8 points (4 lions).
Scores: Pat 22, Rob 21, Lindsay 17, Rick & Nick 14, Kevin 13
The verdict: It’s growing on me now I have a solid understanding of the scattergun hierarchy table. With 6 players, it’s more of a lottery due to the hands getting smaller. I noticed there was more tactical passes tonight, not wanting to waste high ranking cards on non-scoring tricks. A hand may swerve violently out of control for you if people start going out on a roll and you can’t get a look-in. It does have a good closer, one more game feel, aided by the fact that it takes up to 7 players. Still, while card counting helps, it doesn’t have the same strategic replay feel that Tichu has provided me at BSW. Tichu there is 4 only though.
The Rating: A 7 after 7 games; a decent light closer that will come out more than occasionally. It got an extra rating point because I love saying red fish, blue fish, one fish, two fish. My rating started at 4 on this one and has steadily climbed. Not sure if it has the legs to go another notch though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.