Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
We played a game over lunch today and the question came up, "is a second Upset card a dead card?" I would assume so as it is an energy card, but I wasn't 100% sure. This happened in the same period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any energy card with a value is dead if it has already been played in the period. I asked a tester and Upset has a value of +0. Booster Bru also counts as an energy card of +6, so it would also be dead; just FYI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nash
msg tools
mb
The situation I had was player A played a dead Upset card and Player B played a +5 dead energy card.

Player B had the better team stats so in a normal dead vs. dead would have won.

Who won the contest in this case? (I couldn't find anything in either rulebook to help)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
nashable wrote:
The situation I had was player A played a dead Upset card and Player B played a +5 dead energy card.

Player B had the better team stats so in a normal dead vs. dead would have won.

Who won the contest in this case? (I couldn't find anything in either rulebook to help)

It's in the rules (though I don't have access to the new ones atm). It's under resolving dead cards. If both of you played dead cards they count as +0, and you look at the team stat. If that's also +0, then you'd tie and the active player would roll the tiebreaker die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.