Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to try Star Realms solo, and I never even heard of the game until long after the KS project had finished.

I've seen where the Promo Pack is supposed to be made available to the general public, but I've also seen a thread that posts a link (I believe on the Star Realms website) that contains images of some of the Promo Pack cards, including the Nemesis Beast solo challenge. But that's the only solo challenge shown on that link.

I've not been able to find an image of the Pirates of the Dark Star solo challenge card, and I've heard it's the easiest of the solo challenges, so that's the one I'd like to try first.

All that to say, does anyone have a link to a readable image of the Pirates of the Dark Star solo challenge? I'd like to try it when I can't find opponents for a multiplayer game...

Thanks!
jrbentley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsman
United States
Ely
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here you go...
&

If cann't read...

"you take the 1st Turn. you start with 75 Authority and a five-card hand, otherwise normal Rules.

Pirates start wtih 25 authority. Pirates Trun, Scrap the card in the trade row furthest from the trade deck, slide row down and put new revealed card to fill empty spot (Pirates bonus is on the new card)

Pirates use their combat to destory your bases whenever possible Unless they reduce your authority to Zero. Pirates always attack the base with the most defense.

If you make Target opponent discard a card, instead draw a card then discard. If you would destroy a Target base, instead gain three combat."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert B
United States
Parsons
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also learned about this game too late for the KS edition, but purchased a copy later. I've tried out the Nemesis Beast and am anxious to try the Pirates. The card back in the images above is for the solo game, but the card front is from the co-op challenge. Is there a difference between the Pirate's co-op actions and the solo actions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
barteus wrote:
The card back in the images above is for the solo game, but the card front is from the co-op challenge. Is there a difference between the Pirate's co-op actions and the solo actions?

I did some Google Image searches and was able to come up with a shot of the front of the solo challenge. There is a slight difference for the red ability, but the card is mostly the same. Here's the image I found:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're interested in an official copy of this card (along with some "gambits" i.e. special power cards), Promo Set One has been made available from the Geekstore (http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/star-realms-promo-set...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered the promo set today. A little curious why the other solo/co-op cards weren't included (or at least not listed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
paschott wrote:
Ordered the promo set today. A little curious why the other solo/co-op cards weren't included (or at least not listed).

Maybe they figured that people could get an image of the nemesis from their website and decided against putting it in? Or maybe their card sheet only does 9 at a time and they're going to print a second pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
often wrote:
paschott wrote:

Maybe they figured that people could get an image of the nemesis from their website and decided against putting it in? Or maybe their card sheet only does 9 at a time and they're going to print a second pack.

yea i would guess that theres another set coming, since this first one is called Promo Pack One.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeinadColtrane wrote:
If you're interested in an official copy of this card (along with some "gambits" i.e. special power cards), Promo Set One has been made available from the Geekstore (http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/star-realms-promo-set...).

Ordered. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Andrei
Romania
Constanta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the link is not working anymore. do you know where i can get the big size images for the pirates of the dark star?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jose nada
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Andrei123 wrote:
the link is not working anymore. do you know where i can get the big size images for the pirates of the dark star?

I would like these cards in better size, anyone? thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.