Popular Tags: [View All]
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the continuing and frustrating lack of support from FFG, I'm considering the purchase of this expansion in German. I understand it does not include any new legend and the main rules are on the game page here. The rules for 5 and 6 players seem easy: the new monster strength tables are obvious, and I suppose you just place the proper Dark Herald on the same space as the boss, correct? What I don't know are the "changes to event cards and legends when playing with the new characters". Are these easy enough to figure out? Also, how exactly does the drunken troll work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The changes are all quite simple -- I don't have the rules with me right now but I can double-check tomorrow. The most "complicated" part is how time discs now work.

The drunken troll moves (IIRC) to the field that is the number of the current event card. Once there, any enemies will hop over it as they would over other enemies. It does nothing else and I think it cannot be attacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk O'Rose
Germany
Cologne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dark herald is just another variant to play with, like the drunken troll. If you play with 5 or 6 players, you always take the same things as for 4 players. For example, the dragon from legend 5 still has 58 strength points if you play with more than 4 players.

But with 5 or 6 players you will only have 4 time disks which are all black. Each player can then decide which one he will move. So in the end you might be stronger in such a big group but the time management is a bit tougher than before.

I can definitely recommend this expansion, all the new heroes add something special and new to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkDolphin wrote:
The dark herald is just another variant to play with, like the drunken troll.

So, is the Dark Herald not obligatory with more than 4 players? I thought it was included because most bosses are not represented on the monster table and it was simpler just to add this figure.

Quote:
But with 5 or 6 players you will only have 4 time disks which are all black. Each player can then decide which one he will move. So in the end you might be stronger in such a big group but the time management is a bit tougher than before.

That's clever, but I don't think I will like it. It makes the mechanic more abstract, and some players may have more hours than others. Is that optional? I thought the increased strength of the monsters (and the Dark Herald) would be enough to balance the game, considering also that you don't get extra hours when you have fewer than 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could ask Devir if a Spanish Edition is planned. As Micha Menzel is espanophil? the chances should be not too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:

Quote:

That's clever, but I don't think I will like it. It makes the mechanic more abstract, and some players may have more hours than others. Is that optional? I thought the increased strength of the monsters (and the Dark Herald) would be enough to balance the game, considering also that you don't get extra hours when you have fewer than 4 players.

It is not optional and plays quite smoothly. However we do not lay our hero figures flat when going to sleep but use our time pieces to show we are sleeping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfram wrote:
You could ask Devir if a Spanish Edition is planned.

Well, we speak Portuguese in Brazil, but I can read Spanish. I didn't remember that Devir released the game. But pretty much like FFG, they haven't released even the first expansion, nor they have anything about expansions on their website. So, I'm not very hopeful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
Well, we speak Portuguese in Brazil, but I can read Spanish. I didn't remember that Devir released the game. But pretty much like FFG, they haven't released even the first expansion, nor they have anything about expansions on their website. So, I'm not very hopeful.

My bad for the Spanish lapse.
I was under the impression that Devir did the portugese as well as the spanish edition.

If the weekend is rainy I try to make a short rules abstract.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfram wrote:
I was under the impression that Devir did the portugese as well as the spanish edition.

No, unfortunately their selection of games in Portuguese is much smaller than in Spanish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkDolphin wrote:
But with 5 or 6 players you will only have 4 time disks which are all black. Each player can then decide which one he will move.

Can he move 2 different disks in a single turn ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update to what I said above: it turns out that Devir eventually released a Portuguese edition of the base game (also in Brazil). Unfortunately, they did a terrible translation job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.