Hide
8 Posts

Smash Up: Science Fiction Double Feature» Forums » General

Subject: Time Travelers: a glimpse into the future rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
quinn hunsaker
msg tools
The TT faction has one of the most shout outs to other factions in the entire game, and I think that they have hinted at some future factions.

Doctor When has many screens on his card that show images of other cards. over his shoulder is a screen that has most of it covered. If you look closely you can see what looks like a full moon and a wolf howling.

The Big Geeky Box revealed that there will be a fall expansion that has werewolves and vampires. Most likely it will be some kind of movie monster mash, and there will be more classic monster to be reveled.

If you look at the Time Raider you can see an Egyptian necklace around her neck. Also in the Repeater Perfect you can see a mummy being punched out by him.

I would like to suggest that there will be a mummy faction in the next expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Springfield
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QuinnH wrote:
The TT faction has one of the most shout outs to other factions in the entire game, and I think that they have hinted at some future factions.

Doctor When has many screens on his card that show images of other cards. over his shoulder is a screen that has most of it covered. If you look closely you can see what looks like a full moon and a wolf howling.

The Big Geeky Box revealed that there will be a fall expansion that has werewolves and vampires. Most likely it will be some kind of movie monster mash, and there will be more classic monster to be reveled.

If you look at the Time Raider you can see an Egyptian necklace around her neck. Also in the Repeater Perfect you can see a mummy being punched out by him.

I would like to suggest that there will be a mummy faction in the next expansion.
Wow, good eye! I checked out these cards myself, and I think you may be on to something. If you want to check out another puzzle, look at the screen at the top right of Doctor When. It looks like an Amazon warrior or Egyptian Queen.

Edit: Actually, looking at it more, the necklace for Time Raider actually looks like it could be Aztec or Mayan as well, and considering the arrows and other loot in the bag, I think she may simply be raiding somewhere Indiana Jones is headed to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Post
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Team D20 wrote:
QuinnH wrote:

Wow, good eye! I checked out these cards myself, and I think you may be on to something. If you want to check out another puzzle, look at the screen at the top right of Doctor When. It looks like an Amazon warrior or Egyptian Queen.

Edit: Actually, looking at it more, the necklace for Time Raider actually looks like it could be Aztec or Mayan as well, and considering the arrows and other loot in the bag, I think she may simply be raiding somewhere Indiana Jones is headed to.

I think it is Tomb Raider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quinn hunsaker
msg tools
The screen that you are looking at is actually the Saucy Wench, you can see the cutlass.

If you are talking about the necklace that the Time Raider is wearing then I think it is a stylized scarab, but the medallion that is in her bag looks Aztec.

Edit: the Time Raider also has more necklaces around her arm with all of this I think the she has stolen these things from multiple times instead of one.

Also all of the screens from Doctor When are pictures of cards, but is the card to the left of the Saucy Wench. Is that a new one or an old one I don't recognize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Post
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about the dude in a suit on Stasis Field?????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quinn hunsaker
msg tools
posterchild21 wrote:

I don't know but I think that he may be a Spy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Post
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QuinnH wrote:
posterchild21 wrote:

I don't know but I think that he may be a Spy.

He has a suit like a Spy would, but he does not resemble any current cards in the Spy deck. All the other minions on the card are actual minions in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quinn hunsaker
msg tools
well you have to take into account the very different art style.

Like how the Operative looks in Do Over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.