Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United States
Lakewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Revealed cylons cannot play skill cards as actions, but can they play skill cards as modifiers? i.e. if raiders are active, can I use strategic planning to give them a better chance to hit?
(Also, if I can't, then can I do this while unrevealed to make a big impact before I reveal)?

Revealed cylons are not affected by negative effects on crisis cards (using Caprica). Does this only apply to discarding skill cards/being sent to other locations? What about crisis cards that have something like the Current Player chooses someone to send to the brig? For example, on pass, Guilt By Collusion lets you send a character to the brig, whereas on A Traitor Accused, on a fail the current player chooses a character to send to the brig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
Revealed cylons basically ignore all text on the cards, so no, you cannot play a Strategic Planning on a raider attack. But yes, you can while unrevealed if you're ready to give yourself away.

On Caprica crises, the cylon gets to choose anything that says Current Player chooses, so they would get to pick who to send to the Brig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the exact wording in the rulebook is something like "revealed cylons can not use the text on the skill cards", so that includes Strategic Planning, Investigative committee and other non-Action: cards. Generally nothing can target a cylon player unless specifically said to affect a cylon player. (I'm not sure if the base game has any such effect.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skribs15 wrote:
Revealed cylons cannot play skill cards as actions, but can they play skill cards as modifiers? i.e. if raiders are active, can I use strategic planning to give them a better chance to hit?
(Also, if I can't, then can I do this while unrevealed to make a big impact before I reveal)?

Revealed Cylons cannot use the text on any cards (unless you are using the Pegasus Treachery cards). They would not be able to use actions, nor modifiers such as Strategic Planning or Evasive Maneuvers.

If you wish to use modifiers to aid the Cylon cause, you would have to do it before revealing.

skribs15 wrote:
Revealed cylons are not affected by negative effects on crisis cards (using Caprica). Does this only apply to discarding skill cards/being sent to other locations? What about crisis cards that have something like the Current Player chooses someone to send to the brig? For example, on pass, Guilt By Collusion lets you send a character to the brig, whereas on A Traitor Accused, on a fail the current player chooses a character to send to the brig.

Revealed Cylons can "choose" not to be affected by negative effects on Crisis cards. So you would obviously choose not to discard, but you can definately send someone to the Brig if you are the current player in your scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
wcboy18 wrote:
Revealed Cylons can "choose" not to be affected by negative effects on Crisis cards. So you would obviously choose not to discard, but you can definately send someone to the Brig if you are the current player in your scenarios.

Actually, the base game says that revealed Cylons are not affected by any of the effects of crisis cards, neither negative nor positive. Pegasus changes that to that they can choose to not be affected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Lakewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Actually, the base game says that revealed Cylons are not affected by any of the effects of crisis cards, neither negative nor positive. Pegasus changes that to that they can choose to not be affected.

So what does this mean regarding "Current player selects a person to send to the brig" crisis cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not something that affects the Cylon. It affects another player. Cylon still makes the selection.

But if the effect of the crisis is "current player discards 2 cards", the Cylon does not need to do that. But if it says "current player draws a card", neither does he get to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:

Good catch. It has been so long since I played with only base game rules, I forgot about that correction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
Revealed cylons basically ignore all text on the cards, so no, you cannot play a Strategic Planning on a raider attack. But yes, you can while unrevealed if you're ready to give yourself away.

On Caprica crises, the cylon gets to choose anything that says Current Player chooses, so they would get to pick who to send to the Brig.
If anyone ever delves into Exodus or Daybreak, please be very careful about wording it this way! I've already seen cylons throw in 0s and otherwise SKILL CHECK abilities into skill checks thinking they won't get activated, but at least some of the more perceptive players caught on that "if we normally can't figure where skill cards came from, how would we enforce that this 0 came from a cylon, as opposed to a human or DD"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.