Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy,

Going to be picking up this game and thought I might ask the community which 2-3 boosters would be best to compliment the base game. I think I would prefer no model overlap (can always do that later once I like certain minis) so I would prefer boosters that do not contain the same figures as the base game.

Might also be kinda cool to have some higher point figures to choose from as well to build maybe size 3 or even 2 warbands as well. But don't let me sway you and feel free to recommend whichever you think would be best!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went for Fire & Ice (because I liked the look of the knights) and Percimol Rules (because that one kept getting recommended) and can say I'm very happy with the mix of figures I have, and am content with my current set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christensen
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
I started with the base game, Goultard Control, and Bad Boys. If I could do it over I think I would have gone with Bad Boys and Fire and Ice. Knights and Cra.

If I had to choose 2 expansions that had no duplicates, I would probably go with Fire & Ice and then Remington Style.

Here are the expansions that have duplicates of the base game.
Shak Attack - 2 duplicates (Bad Aboum, Kassius Kaos)
Close Quarters - 2 duplicates (Lil Healey, Anna Tommy)
Goultard Control - 1 duplicate (Bill Tell)
Bad Boys - 1 duplicate (Oscar Kass)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pishposh wrote:
Here are the expansions that have duplicates of the base game.
Shak Attack - 2 duplicates (Bad Aboum, Kassius Kaos)
Close Quarters - 2 duplicates (Lil Healey, Anna Tommy)
Goultard Control - 1 duplicate (Bill Tell)
Bad Boys - 1 duplicate (Oscar Kass)

d-frecken'-lightful.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to go for being competitive, I will recommend Goultard Control. Double Bills are a pain in the ass and can really screw someone over with strong range control and Goultard is pretty much a necessity to counter those pesky level 6 figures that most high level teams have, especially if you do not have access to the promo lvl 6 figures.

Otherwise, Percimol is my recommended choice as having the most variety of figures. There's only 2 "reskins" in that pack, the most of all of the first season expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Wilhelmi
Germany
Husum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go Remington + Percimol if I wanted to have a wide variety of minis with no doubles.

I would go Fire/Ice + Earth/Wind if I wanted to have the Knights to be in my team.

also the Merkador/Captain Anakma set is a good investment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.