Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The customer service from many companies in the board game world has almost reached legendary status for me already. Honestly, I don't know why us gamers are treated so well by game companies on the whole, but it is such a refreshing experience every time.

As many others have noted, Gamewright's dice-flicking filler Cube Quest was inexplicably packaged with folded playmats that made accurate flicking nigh impossible. Many others had inquired about obtaining replacements and reported their successes here on BGG, so after trading for a copy, I thought I'd do the same.

I contacted Gamewright via email through their web site, explaining that I'd traded for a used copy, experienced problems with the mats, and would like to know how to acquire or purchase replacements. I was contacted the very next day and informed that replacements would be sent to me and to expect delivery within a couple of weeks.

Well, those 2 weeks became more than a month, so I followed-up to ask about the status of the replacements. Here is the response I received from Gamewright:

"Hello Cliff,

Here is the update...

Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear about the quality issues you have experienced with our game Cube Quest. We have redesigned the game and we are anxiously awaiting our first shipment to arrive in May. Your name will be on the list to receive a whole new game including the improved playing mats.
(emphasis NOT mine)

As our way of thanking you for your patience and understanding, please accept our offer of a 20% discount and free shipping on any product on our website www.gamewright.com. Use code XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX (redacted) at checkout.

We sincerely apologize for the delay, and any disappointment and inconvenience this production snafu may have caused.

Regards,
Julie
"

Wow . . . just, wow. I informed Julie that I'd be anxiously awaiting an entire replacement game, ordering something from their web site as thanks, and informing the BGG world of their incredible service. So, 2 out of 3 are now accomplished and I'm off to gamewright.com to make good on all 3 promises.

Gamewright deserves your business! Thanks for reading this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Gamewright does it RIGHT!
I don't often have a need to purchase Gamewright games, but I might have to create a need after reading this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Gamewright does it RIGHT!
UPDATE:

Well, the checkout process through a third party was somewhat less than successful at Gamewright's web site. Neither promo code would work, although both registered as having been submitted. Hoping for the best (but expecting and in fact receiving none of that), I went ahead and ordered a game for full retail plus shipping. Hey, they deserved the business and have been awesome every step of the way, even if their checkout system needs some changes.

I did send a brief note to Julie just to let somebody know that their shopping partner site wasn't entirely helpful. I just figured that if no customer ever mentions it, they'll likely never know what it's like for their web site shoppers.

I received an email again today thanking me for my thoughtfulness and offering to ship me a free game! Wow, this is starting to get ridiculous. It's like Gamewright can't stop themselves from being nice to me. I'm not a huge fan of their games, and my kids only play a handful of them (usually preferring one of "Daddy's games" instead), but these people have modeled in exemplary fashion what a personal approach to customer service should look like.

So, BGG world, I'm encouraging you all to find ONE Gamewright game that you might enjoy, or at least enjoy giving as a gift, and acquire it. Show them some love and tell others that there are companies out there doing it right - Gamewright is most definitely one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.