Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian A
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
May I take your trident, sir?
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that I'm constantly searching for those threads that I've posted in, as I want to see if someone's responded to me or has taken the conversation further.

Rather than subscribing to the thread, is there some way to perhaps add to the Hot / Recent / Active sorting mechanisms to also add

Hot (Participated)
Recent (Participated)
Active (Participated)

to find those same subsets that the user has taken an active role in?

Or is there perhaps some other way to do this that I don't yet know about (again, not using subscription method)?

Just an idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are you aware of the dangers foxes pose to you and
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
Probably would put a load on the servers as they have to read a lot more data to determine which stuff should go in the boxes.

Edit: Although perhaps no more than a regular search providing people wouldn't do this all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian A
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there's no such thing as a free lunch, right?

I was hoping it would be straightforward, seeing how it would essentially use the same Hot/Recent/Active lists but then only show the threads that the user participated in. But then again, this is outside my realm of expertise...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigthos wrote:
I find that I'm constantly searching for those threads that I've posted in, as I want to see if someone's responded to me or has taken the conversation further.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/rss/user/bigthos

(all your recent contributions in one list, also available from the drop-down below the user name)

bigthos wrote:
Rather than subscribing to the thread

I'm always curious why people dislike subscribing - I use it heavily and find it the most effective way to keep tabs on replies to my contributions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
no way to do this that I know ... but you could always just quickly check your recent contributions as below:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/browse/region/1?usernam...

... besides there are many functions that people continually request that the site can't provide so why do we require more than two ways to do any one thing (when subscriptions work just fine)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jasss333 wrote:
no way to do this that I know ... but you could always just quickly check your recent contributions as below:

Well, you learn something new every day!

How do you generate that list from the menus? I'd like to search for recent contributions in other areas too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian A
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/rss/user/bigthos

(all your recent contributions in one list, also available from the drop-down below the user name)

I'm always curious why people dislike subscribing - I use it heavily and find it the most effective way to keep tabs on replies to my contributions.

I'm not an rss'er... so there's that. I do use subscriptions, but I was just thinking my idea would be a lot more user-friendly in terms of catching up on which of your contributed threads are still going strong.

jasss333 wrote:

... besides there are many functions that people continually request that the site can't provide so why do we require more than two ways to do any one thing (when subscriptions work just fine)?

Again, they're not exactly what I'm thinking of, but that recent contribution list is pretty awesome. Quickbar bookmarked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
dcclark wrote:
How do you generate that list from the menus? I'd like to search for recent contributions in other areas too...

just go to your profile then click on the contributions button.

... from there, look on the right side column at various contributions you've made on the site and click on any of the blue link numbers. It will take you to a heading list of each of your contributions under that particular heading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ah, darn. I was hoping for a way which includes all recent contributions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcclark wrote:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/rss/user/dcclark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently no easy way to do this... It was implemented in the redesign and will make a comeback someday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kat costa
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
Who dares disturb the Hobnob Goblin?
mbmbmbmbmb
dcclark wrote:

I also wish this existed. The way that everything you've contributed to or thumbed is separated out in the Contributions tab is just so counter-intuitive. Most people don't know or care whether something they wrote was a "Geeklist Item Comment" vs a "Board Game Reply" (who knows what that even is?) or a "Forum Reply" vs a "Guild Reply." In our heads, it's just "Stuff I Wrote" and "Stuff I Thumbed."

The RSS feed is an okay substitute, but it doesn't have the same look as the ones you can see from the Contributions links...no picture of your avatar next to them, etc. Also, if you use an iPad, it's impossible to make the BGG RSS thing work. The iPad immediately takes you out of your browser and throws you into this full-screen Podcast thing. Then it asks you if you want to subscribe to podcasts from your BGG self. It never shows you the list you can see from a desktop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.