2 Posts

Grant Takes Command» Forums » General

Subject: PBEM Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abr 35
msg tools
Hello! I have a few questions about playing GTC through email

1) What's the best way to go about finding opponents (VASSAL, ADC, CB)? Are people still active with the older versions of the series?

2) About how long does the Scenario 9 typically take to PBEM in real time? Months? Years?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

1. I find opponents through BGG - just post a thread asking for an opponent, what type of platform you want (many GCACW players use Vassal), and whether you want to play live or via e-mail. There is a pretty robust player base for GCACW. While the BGG community of GCACW players still seems to be (relatively) small, there are a large number of players on Consimworld that frequent the forums there. I have more opponents than I can play here on BGG and just keep a rotating list as my games end.

2. I haven't yet played this particular module, so I can't help you with this one. I expect someone will come along, though. I would hazard a guess that play times are in the 30-60 minutes per turn range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.