8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: Re: Kickstarter Announcements thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Escape Studios
Italy
flag msg tools
STAY AWAY! A horror card game. LET THE INFECTION BEGIN!
Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1jwrqaX
BGG Post: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/15564519

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is basically panic station the card game? Looks interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Escape Studios
Italy
flag msg tools
Hi Karl,
it's different by Panic Station, "Stay Away!" is a card game based on the cards swapping and place swapping, without missions. Initially all players are "Human", but in any moment anyone can draw THE THING card and transform!

The aim of THE THING is to hide his identity and eliminate all humans or gain them into his faction

The aim of the Humans is to run away from infection and eliminate THE THING. For more details, you can download the rulebook in the kickstarter page

We also started an "Infected face" facebook contest, free for everyone...you can see it in kickstarter page too ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will Stay Away have a BGG page where we can discuss it further during the campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Escape Studios
Italy
flag msg tools
holgerd wrote:
Will Stay Away have a BGG page where we can discuss it further during the campaign?

Yes, we are waiting for the approval about the BGG page.
Now we have this thread open with more information and discussions (already linked at the top of the thread) ----> http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/15564519

We'll let you updated about the Stay Away! page!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Escape Studios
Italy
flag msg tools
The Stay Away! page link: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/158392/stay-away

We are waiting for the images approval. Take a look! ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
escape_studios wrote:
Hi Karl,
it's different by Panic Station, "Stay Away!" is a card game based on the cards swapping and place swapping, without missions. Initially all players are "Human", but in any moment anyone can draw THE THING card and transform!

Obviously there are differences, but I'd say card game version of PS is still a quite accurate description. You have seating order instead of a map. And you need to kill the thing isntead of the hive. Also there are no NPCs that go after you. The rest of the game as well as the tactics needed still look quite close to me. Not that this is a bad thing, never mind. I quite enjoyed the idea behind PS, it was just executed suboptimally. So I am looking forward to playing "Stay Away!" very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Escape Studios
Italy
flag msg tools
kilrah wrote:

Obviously there are differences, but I'd say card game version of PS is still a quite accurate description. You have seating order instead of a map. And you need to kill the thing isntead of the hive. Also there are no NPCs that go after you. The rest of the game as well as the tactics needed still look quite close to me. Not that this is a bad thing, never mind. I quite enjoyed the idea behind PS, it was just executed suboptimally. So I am looking forward to playing "Stay Away!" very much.

Yes Karl, there are some similarities with Panic Station because they are both inspired to the same horror movie concept "The Thing". We are trying to create a "party game" easy to learn and to play in every situation up to 12 players, so we keep it simple and fun even for newbies.
We hope you'll like "Stay Away!" and we are here for any doubt or tips! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.