Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: Price Speculation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Foster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
With the game selling well above MSRP online right now, the $75 price tag I managed to track down at a local store is somewhat appealing. That said, I know demand is only high as the latest print run is still shipping over from overseas, and will (according to PHG) hit shelves in the next month or two. I know this was selling for as little as $50 online before the recent price spike. Anyone care to guess whether that will be the case again come June? Or is it time to just eat the extra $25 and pay MSRP?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you really think you'll kick yourself over $25 three months from now?

If not, go buy it and have fun with it.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Foster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I might not, but the wife might. Really just curious what folks think will happen with demand. (Besides, $25 could get me Heart of Glorm. )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This game was in the low $50 for the majority of the last year on Amazon and sold for under $50 at most of the big online gaming stores.

The price will drop again as it comes back in stock, which is pretty common with board games. If you don't want to wait then buy it but the price will come back down if you do wait.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clip611 wrote:
This game was in the low $50 for the majority of the last year on Amazon and sold for under $50 at most of the big online gaming stores.

The price will drop again as it comes back in stock, which is pretty common with board games. If you don't want to wait then buy it but the price will come back down if you do wait.



+1 a good guess I reckon.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Rysgaard
Denmark
Aarhus
Midtjylland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I payed 600 danish kroners (111,17 USD) for my copy, so for me 75 USD is cheap!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
casp3365 wrote:
I payed 600 danish kroners (111,17 USD) for my copy, so for me 75 USD is cheap!


I was about to reply that you get cheap LEGO, at least, but apparently that's not even true. Oh well, other things I hear about Denmark include free tertiary education and a great health care system, so spending a few more bucks on games doesn't seem too bad.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Rysgaard
Denmark
Aarhus
Midtjylland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:
casp3365 wrote:
I payed 600 danish kroners (111,17 USD) for my copy, so for me 75 USD is cheap!


I was about to reply that you get cheap LEGO, at least, but apparently that's not even true. Oh well, other things I hear about Denmark include free tertiary education and a great health care system, so spending a few more bucks on games doesn't seem too bad.


No it could be worse
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Foster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I broke down and bought the game. So far I'm not regretting it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Hurricane
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
If you have access to Barnes and Noble, they carry this game and it qualifies for Kid's club, which gives you a 30% off coupon.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.