James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone.
I'm yet to play a game.
I bought the Base set, character add on and 2 expansions from a seller in here.

HOWEVER, it was unceremoniously shipped in one heaping mess with the empty boxes at the bottom... I mean curved cards, forwards, backwards, one big mound.

I'm new to gaming and have NO CLUE what goes where, so I can't even play.

Nice right?

Can someone help me?

Thank you very much
A very disappointed, Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards have a number or letter in the upper right hand corner indicating which set they came in:

B - Base Set
C - Character Add-on
1 - Adventure 1
2 - Adventure 2
et cetera

After that, sort by type. Locations, Adventures, Scenarios, Monsters, Villains, etc. There should be a diagram in the rulebook that shows what the insert (that it sounds like you're missing) looked like.

To start a new campaign, you'll want all the 1-6 cards sorted back into their adventure boxes, and the B and C cards sorted by category so when the game says "gain a random weapon" you can draw from the weapon deck.

sounds painful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Scott,

Yeah, it was quite the "Welcome to the Game", and thanks for paying (instead of playing).

I do have the insert, just the cards were all just laid back in the box instead of actually put away. I can't dwell on it too much as I'm the type, I just would not play it.

Well, guess I got a job to do over the next two nights (grin).

PS-- I read there were "New Rules" for this game? know where I might download them? Are they that much different than the original ?

Thanks !

Jim

(wouldn't it be cool if I get to play this before Shackles comes out...............)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="jgb7"
PS-- I read there were "New Rules" for this game? know where I might download them? Are they that much different than the original ?[/q]

The updated rules are on this page: http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventureCardGame

They're not different, really, but they are clearer.

The FAQ linked there will be helpful as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer the Bard
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James,

You can get the latest revision of the rules here:

http://paizo.com/download/pathfinder/PZO6000-Rulebook.zip

They aren't terribly different from the original...but they do correct / tweak a few minor points. When the game released, many people really picked apart the rules and found seemingly minor things (e.g., something said "a" instead of "the"). Most of them probably won't materially impact your enjoyment of the game.

And I do hope you enjoy the game, of course - it's loads of fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lastly, one thing that I found out the hard way: PACG does not ship well.

i made the mistake of buying a copy at Gen Con last year, opening it sorting it, playing it a few times, and then sticking it in my luggage. When I got home and opened it up, the cards were just as you describe: flung about everywhere.

I just remembered that, and it may be nice to know that perhaps your seller was merely unaware of physics (like me, apparently), and not actively destructive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both...

Regarding shipping, yeah, I thought of that, but the seller's after arrival reply/attitude makes me think otherwise, but, we can hope right.

And the positive thought might help me get in the right headspace to do the sorting at least, haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should also know that there is a copy of a loot card called "Sihedron Medallion" that has a "B" in the corner, but it is actually from the first adventure pack, so it should have had a "1" there. Good luck with the sorting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgb7 wrote:
Hi everyone.
I'm yet to play a game.
I bought the Base set, character add on and 2 expansions from a seller in here.

HOWEVER, it was unceremoniously shipped in one heaping mess with the empty boxes at the bottom... I mean curved cards, forwards, backwards, one big mound.

I'm new to gaming and have NO CLUE what goes where, so I can't even play.

Nice right?

Can someone help me?

Thank you very much
A very disappointed, Jim

Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The user charlest mentioned in another post a while ago that if a trader/seller here on BGG does something considerably bad, that the name should be mentioned so they can blacklist the trader/seller.

You may want to mention their name somewhere so this can be done. It sounds like no care whatsoever was taken in shipping and you weren't notified of the condition the game/cards were in beforehand, and didn't get the best response when you asked about it.

Here's the post it was mentioned in:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/15014725#15014725

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Lars, and DP

DP, yeah, I told him I was going to do that and he simply said go ahead and get lost with your stupid concerns... he didn't seem to think it was a problem. He said just sort them.

True enough I could sort them, but that's not what I paid for, nor was it mentioned aforehand.

Oh well, he's a bigger or regular in the group so to mention him would only be to start a big thread fight, and no one wants that. he's got the money, I at least got the cards.

Perhaps I'll gt more familiar with the cards this way (grin)

Stiff upper lip, silver lining and all that stuff....

Kindest
jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As annoying as that is it seems more of a brain fart than a bad seller. If they let it go after pack 2, which came out months ago, he may have just shoved it on a shelf then and not thought about it when it came time to ship.

Now if they got damaged I would complain for sure, but for now you'll just get a crash course in what the cards look like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:
As annoying as that is it seems more of a brain fart than a bad seller. If they let it go after pack 2, which came out months ago, he may have just shoved it on a shelf then and not thought about it when it came time to ship.

Now if they got damaged I would complain for sure, but for now you'll just get a crash course in what the cards look like.

Bull. It is your responsibility as a seller to inspect and properly package what you're shipping. It's a business transaction.

This is why i don't buy used games. Just buy them new. It's not worth saving a few dollars imo to get a mauled game that you can't return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, thats what I decided too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you should also be able to leave feedback in the marketplace so other potential buyers are forewarned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I seem dumb, but aren't the cards shrinkrapped?
How is it that the seller took them out of their respective boxes and removed the cellophane?
Are you sure you have no cards missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe he purchased the game used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, used... expected used and put away, not used and tossed (grin)
But it's fine, got the helps I needed -- AND Just landed the Deck 5 from Brian, one of the double shipment recipients !!

So definitely made my Pathfinder Plunge a better experience ! Thanks everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorting and space solved thanks to:
The Broken Token.com
http://www.thebrokentoken.com/pathfinder-adventure-card-game...

and dividers downloaded from here:
Pathfinder Vertical Dividers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.