Subject: Shield of Light rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Williams

Newcastle
Washington
msg tools
mb
I received the shield of light on my Acolyte and was wondering if the range of 1 means to cast a spell the max distance away from the target can only be 1. If i use a base 1d10 from my character can i use the regular range from a spell card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't explain this, but it's been talked about.

There's no way they intended your shield (with a relic icon) to reduce the range of your spells. The "Range:1" is on the item so that the Soldier knows its range when they use their "Range:Weapon/Shield" attack cards. One of the designers has said that the reason some cards have a fixed range, is that weapons and shields in the future might have "Range:2" and they wanted it limited for powerful abilities.

So, the "Range:1" on your shield would only be relevant if your action/reaction card said "Range:Shield". And if your shield has a relic icon, you can add it's bonuses and use the fate recipe for spells!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.