Ora et Labora» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone has idea where to find it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TJ H
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
It seems like reprint would not happen in the reasonable time.

Where is the best place to find it? I checked many OLGS but none of them have it in stock. Any idea would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=listforsale&g...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering it's either oop, or just between printings it might be a while. I believe there was a recent reprint of Loyang so maybe it's hopeful. But I doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Neuhauser
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen it come up in some auctions recently, you might keep an eye on those, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that - for the moment anyway - Z-man hold the English rights but have said there are no plans for a reprint. Strange way to make money from rights you've paid money for, but still ... teddies and prams I daresay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
I understand that - for the moment anyway - Z-man hold the English rights but have said there are no plans for a reprint. Strange way to make money from rights you've paid money for, but still ... teddies and prams I daresay.

You know it's really cool when Brits get all British except then I don't understand them. What is meant by teddies and prams?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't say where your from in your profile. But, my copy never gets played so I'd be willing to perhaps trade for something on my "wanted in trade" or wishlist if you are in the USA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
What is meant by teddies and prams?

When folks (especially adults) have a tantrum, we say they've thrown their teddy out of their pram. We often use it self-deprecatingly against ourselves when we've got a bit cross* about something trivial.

*Cross joke:
Vampire flies into bedroom shared by two nuns: "Quick, sister" shouts one, "show him your cross!" "Get out of my f***ing room!" shouts the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of "teddies" sometimes it's "toys" - certainly around these here parts of the UK!

*Another Nun joke:
Two nuns were sitting on a park bench when a streaker ran past. One nun had a stroke. The other couldn't quite reach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh, what is a pram? I suspect it's what Americans call a stroller but I wanted to make sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
A perambulator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we call a stroller a pushchair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:

Reprints cost money and effort, and have less of a market than new games. Z-Man / Filosofia have chosen to direct money and effort where (they think) they'll get the highest return, and I can't say they're wrong.

(I *do* think they're overextended, or at least they were as of a year ago; witness the lack of Carrera and the delays on Terra Mystica.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lookout have recently been selling of a few Z-man titles in Germany (by which I mean the English Z-man version of the Lookout titles, if you see what I mean). Perhaps that is a sign that some rights to the English language versions of Lookout titles will be reverting to Mayfookout sooner rather than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
JazzFish wrote:
enoon wrote:

Reprints cost money and effort, and have less of a market than new games. Z-Man / Filosofia have chosen to direct money and effort where (they think) they'll get the highest return, and I can't say they're wrong.

This. The game wasn't that big a seller when it came out IIRC.

I bought mine on ebay by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG auctions are probably your best bets.

Add it to your wish list and then check the following site a couple times per week:

http://bggauctions.workingasintended.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Flood
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious if this title's rights will revert to Mayfair at some point in the future. If they might, ZMan would be reluctant to reprint and then not have the rights to sell all their stock. Plus, as mentioned, it didn't catch fire bigtime the first time around.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't played it yet (I want to!), but a lot of the initial dislike was centered around the components? If the tiles had bigger lettering or were readable across the table, and the wheel fixed (and no warping of course), would it make this game more appreciated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
bcflood wrote:
I'm curious if this title's rights will revert to Mayfair at some point in the future. If they might, ZMan would be reluctant to reprint and then not have the rights to sell all their stock. Plus, as mentioned, it didn't catch fire bigtime the first time around.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't played it yet (I want to!), but a lot of the initial dislike was centered around the components? If the tiles had bigger lettering or were readable across the table, and the wheel fixed (and no warping of course), would it make this game more appreciated?
Yeah, the majority of the complaints about this game centered around the small cards (something I typically hate in games) and the tearing of chits upon being punched out (also some sheets were misaligned).

Having said that, I was smart enough to pick it up despite these complaints. It is a super fantastic game, probably my favorite Uwe title ever, and I'm a huge fan of Agricola as well. This is THE deep eurogame to play when you have 3p and 180 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dee
United Kingdom
Lancaster
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were definitely copies available at the UK Games Expo last weekend, so there's still some circulation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Murphy
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind what's probably the French edition (since the game itself is rather language independent), you can get it here: http://www.archambault.ca/rosenberg-uwe-franz-klemens-ora-et... for only $40 CAN on sale!

I recently purchased and received Hawaii from Archambault. Shipping from Canada to Florida was around $15 US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Weber
msg tools
I can confirm that this is the french edition. Almost everything can be replaced with the printouts form Zman's web site, but not the 110 cards.
Buying this makes only sense if all players know some rudimentary french.
Besides that it's a great deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Squaresville wrote:
If you don't mind what's probably the French edition (since the game itself is rather language independent), you can get it here: http://www.archambault.ca/rosenberg-uwe-franz-klemens-ora-et... for only $40 CAN on sale!

I recently purchased and received Hawaii from Archambault. Shipping from Canada to Florida was around $15 US.

It is indeed the French version.

As a French Canadian, that was perfect. I even got free shipping!
What an awesome deal, thanks for the tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, any idea which game shops would still have some in stock then?

Thanks,

Francois

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you didn't want a BNIS copy you could probably check items for trade and see if they are also for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Sites
United States
Lake Stevens
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it may not be local, but saw a couple NIS copies at Wishes at the Everett Mall in Everett, WA. This was about a week ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.