Subject: For the Glory! Booster - In Hand rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uncle Bob
United States
Carmi
Illinois
flag msg tools
Picked up my display box of the new booster packs today.

Few quick notes before I go about figuring out which cards to add to my deck.

Some really great cards in this deck. Just two nights ago, I was playing and said that they should make a spell card that lets you swap to already placed creatures. What's in this expansion? A card that lets you do just that!

Another fun looking card is one that lets you swap out two of your existing landscapes with two landscapes from outside the game. Devious card there.

Not big on the foil. For the Uncommon cards, the foil isn't even very noticeable on many of the cards. I do so hope that we don't see much more of this in future expansions. I'd prefer cheaper packs or more cards to foil cards (not to mention, *three* per pack is a little overkill).

Saddened to see some repeats from the boosters - by my count, there are 8 "uncommon" cards that are repeats from the initial sets - with there being 107 cards in the set, that means there are only 99 new cards... we were promised "over 100 new cards"! We were ripped off by at least two new cards! I demand satisfaction!

The collation of the cards was actually pretty awesome. I got a complete set (one of each rare, 1-2 of each uncommon and 2-3 of each common). I uploaded a set list to the For The Glory page (http://boardgamegeek.com/files/thing/156275 - hopefully, the BGG staff will get it uploaded soon). There's a hidden column on the spreadsheet that includes the breakdown of what I pulled out of my individual box. I hid this column because I didn't want someone to think that's what they'd pull out of every box - but for those wanting an idea of the breakdown, there you go!

Overall summary - a bit pricey and I hope they don't keep this random booster pack model up, but not unhappy with my purchase. Can't wait to get them into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just got these today at work. I was excited and ready to buy some before they hit the shelves... but then they got transferred to our other location. Mraahwwr.

Ah well. Reserved 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Strickland
United States
Decatur
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
UncleBob wrote:
Picked up my display box of the new booster packs today.

Few quick notes before I go about figuring out which cards to add to my deck.

Some really great cards in this deck. Just two nights ago, I was playing and said that they should make a spell card that lets you swap to already placed creatures. What's in this expansion? A card that lets you do just that!

Another fun looking card is one that lets you swap out two of your existing landscapes with two landscapes from outside the game. Devious card there.

Not big on the foil. For the Uncommon cards, the foil isn't even very noticeable on many of the cards. I do so hope that we don't see much more of this in future expansions. I'd prefer cheaper packs or more cards to foil cards (not to mention, *three* per pack is a little overkill).

Saddened to see some repeats from the boosters - by my count, there are 8 "uncommon" cards that are repeats from the initial sets - with there being 107 cards in the set, that means there are only 99 new cards... we were promised "over 100 new cards"! We were ripped off by at least two new cards! I demand satisfaction!

The collation of the cards was actually pretty awesome. I got a complete set (one of each rare, 1-2 of each uncommon and 2-3 of each common). I uploaded a set list to the For The Glory page (http://boardgamegeek.com/files/thing/156275 - hopefully, the BGG staff will get it uploaded soon). There's a hidden column on the spreadsheet that includes the breakdown of what I pulled out of my individual box. I hid this column because I didn't want someone to think that's what they'd pull out of every box - but for those wanting an idea of the breakdown, there you go!

Overall summary - a bit pricey and I hope they don't keep this random booster pack model up, but not unhappy with my purchase. Can't wait to get them into play.

Awesome to hear you got a set. One concern: Are the foils noticeably thicker than the non-foil cards?

EDIT: Thanks for the card list, too. I don't mind the reprints of some of the included cards - I only wish they had included Unempty Coffins and Husker Worms as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Bob
United States
Carmi
Illinois
flag msg tools
Asderiphel wrote:
Awesome to hear you got a set. One concern: Are the foils noticeably thicker than the non-foil cards?

I didn't notice, but I didn't really put any effort into looking.

Quote:
EDIT: Thanks for the card list, too. I don't mind the reprints of some of the included cards - I only wish they had included Unempty Coffins and Husker Worms as well.

Unempty Coffin and Woadic Chief are ones I would have liked to have had a few extras of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C

Illinois
msg tools
So my son and I picked up two boxes the other day and I wanted to share our experience with them.

Both boxes had one of each rare and at least one of each uncommon. They each had 14 uncommons that had doubles, though these differed. They also both had almost a full playset (three copies each) of all the commons. Five commons only had two copies instead of three; again, these also differed between boxes (so in one box I had a full set of all the Sandylands cards, in the other box I had 8 cards with three copies and 1 card with two copies). I didn't receive more than three copies of any common in either box.

Let me say that I definitely would have preferred a fixed distribution on this set (like the existing collector packs or FFG's LCG model). That being said, we had a good experience with our boxes. Obviously your mileage may vary a bit, but in both of our boxes we received at least one of everything and didn't get loaded down with extra cards that we couldn't legally use in a deck. As far as blind buy packs go, that's probably the best we can hope for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Bob
United States
Carmi
Illinois
flag msg tools
wrkrparasite wrote:
Obviously your mileage may vary a bit, but in both of our boxes we received at least one of everything and didn't get loaded down with extra cards that we couldn't legally use in a deck. As far as blind buy packs go, that's probably the best we can hope for.

Agreed.

There's a bunch of cards I'd like to get some more individual cards of and I don't see myself purchasing a second box (or third) to get them, but it's nice to see I got a great mix of cards in the box I did buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Langlois
msg tools
Is there any way someone can post the spoiler in the forum? I can't open the file on my iPhone.

I really just want to know if they printed Volcano or Strawberry Butt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Bob
United States
Carmi
Illinois
flag msg tools
dlang5454 wrote:
Is there any way someone can post the spoiler in the forum? I can't open the file on my iPhone.

I really just want to know if they printed Volcano or Strawberry Butt

If by spoiler, you mean the list, I'll post the list of cards over on the FtG forum. Done! - Enjoy!

To answer your second question though - no Volcano and no Strawberry Butt - but there is a Grape Butt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.