Subject: Got Mine :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So happy that my local shop got these in, and I was one of the early preorders, so I made the cut due to short shipments.

The cards were warped, but fixable... certainly with protectors. Die overall were good as well.

I did like that between my starter and booster I got a great mix of cards and plenty, plenty of die. I was worried of only getting 1 or 2 die for a character, but that was not the case at all.

My shop is having a demo weekend, so plan on getting there to learn more of the rules and combos.

My only thematic question is that it looks like Thors hammer and caps shield are items that everyone can use. I am not sure how I feel about that yet...

Otherwise, love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Die = singular
Dice = plural
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:

My only thematic question is that it looks like Thors hammer and caps shield are items that everyone can use. I am not sure how I feel about that yet...

Otherwise, love it!

Anyone can hold Cap's shield. Throwing it as well as he does is another matter. No one should be able to pick up, (much less USE) Mjolnir.

It's anti-thematic stuff like this that I hated about the DC Deck Building Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Laster
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
RogMcK wrote:
Rocky123 wrote:

Otherwise, love it!

Anyone can hold Cap's shield. Throwing it as well as he does is another matter. No one should be able to pick up, (much less USE) Mjolnir.

It's anti-thematic stuff like this that I hated about the DC Deck Building Game.

Cap's Shield and Mjolnir are iconic within the Marvel universe, which I'm sure you already know. If they're going to put these badass items in the game, why keep out one of the most popular? There are a lot of new fans of marvel that aren't privy to it all. Seems like a good idea to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogMcK wrote:
Rocky123 wrote:

Otherwise, love it!

Yea, I agree that it does take a little away however not enough that I am not able to enjoy the game. Would have liked to see it worded something along the lines of when using the shield any Captain America character gets +1A and plus +1D or something along those lines. Would work with Thor's hammer and any other item they decide to use down the road. With that being said I am not going to let something this small throw off how I will enjoy the game. But I do agree it does bring a small amount of What The...to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ohverload wrote:

Cap's Shield and Mjolnir are iconic within the Marvel universe, which I'm sure you already know. If they're going to put these badass items in the game, why keep out one of the most popular? There are a lot of new fans of marvel that aren't privy to it all. Seems like a good idea to me.

They are not ICONIC if you change them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should really be that those cards can only be taken if you have a card for the associated character. I appreciate what they tried to do, but it is a bit jarring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornixt wrote:
It should really be that those cards can only be taken if you have a card for the associated character. I appreciate what they tried to do, but it is a bit jarring.

Something like that would be a good house rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or perhaps it cost less to purchase the die if you have the associated Character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogMcK wrote:
Rocky123 wrote:

Otherwise, love it!

Well, if we're quibbling details, technically Captain American and Hulk have both held Mjolnir at different points. Cap, being "worthy" has actually held it on multiple occasions.

IIRC, Hulk had to lift up a mountain attached to it to lift Mjolnir, but technically still did it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I will not use any equipment unless I have the appropriate character in my roster that game. So Thor AND Mjolnir can be used together.

I'm a sucker for theme and will hopefully get my players to agree to a house ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.