flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my booster display.

Here was the the rarity breakdown:
Common: 75 (each pack had at least one)
Uncommon: 35
Rare: 10
Super Rare: 0

Silver Surfer was the most common in my case. The pack that had his rare also had his common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Viox
United States
Gretna
NE
flag msg tools
mbmb
How many duplicates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivix
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I got 53 duplicates, 7 of them uncommon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Cowlishaw
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received all of the commons, so 45 common duplicates.
I received 8 uncommon duplicates.
All of my rares were unique.

So out of 120 cards, I received 67 unique cards.

I guess if there are booster cases without super rares, there could be some with multiple super rares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suddenly I feel like 10 boosters will not be enough. The nice thing about the booster boxes is that you don't have to worry about the number of dice for each character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
msg tools
sprengermon wrote:
Suddenly I feel like 10 boosters will not be enough. The nice thing about the booster boxes is that you don't have to worry about the number of dice for each character.

I had originally thought I'd get 10-15 boosters to start, but that leaves you with some really cool heroes that you only have 1 die for. I ended up with 26 boosters, and after a few games I'm already wanting more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Vivix7 wrote:
I got 53 duplicates, 7 of them uncommon.

JonathanC wrote:
So out of 120 cards, I received 67 unique cards.

Interesting you both got exactly the same number of duplicates/unique cards, which implies the expected average.

Too bad no super rares, as my impression was the rarity wasn't going to be that extreme. Bummer. Makes me already feel sorry for those who feel they have to acquire a complete set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did get a super rare in mine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have been better if they had done most packs containing two dice and cards of the same character - at least then you are guaranteed to have enough dice from that alone to reasonably field one of the cards in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonathanC wrote:
I received my booster display.

Here was the the rarity breakdown:
Common: 75 (each pack had at least one)
Uncommon: 35
Rare: 10
Super Rare: 0

Silver Surfer was the most common in my case. The pack that had his rare also had his common.

Same with mine. No Super rare.

My most common was a tie with Silver Surfer and Nova @ 6 each. Though, I ended up with 7 Silver Surfer dice, because one pack had Green Goblin and Silver Surfer, but 1 Green Goblin die and 2 Silver Surfer dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well folks if anyones got any spares for sale or trade I would be interested in taking them off your hands

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Kelso
United States
Prairieville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought 110 boosters yesterday. I received 2 Super Rares out of the 220 cards/dice. I also noticed a definite lack of starter characters showing up in the boosters. In other words, out of those 220 booster characters, I only received one Hulk, one Human Torch, two storms, two Spider-man...I know that they are less represented in the boosters, but it may be a little tough to get extra dice for the starters at that rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Kirkup
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luck of the draw, I bought my starter set and only 8 Boosters and got the super rare Black Widow. Seeing as there are only 4 super rares, might take alot of luck.

Edit: For getting more starter dice, they are probably banking on people buying 2 starter sets and/or trading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I opened a box today and didnt get a super rare either. I cant believe they were saying things like, isnt as bad as other ccg collectably wise.

So far this game has been worse.. Dont even get me started on the quality !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, not sure how well trading is going to work. Every gravity feed will get you all the uncommons. I only had 7 duplicate uncommons and no duplicate rares. Seems to me in order to get enough of the "good" cards to trade with, you'll probably get them all yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranerdar wrote:
Yeah, not sure how well trading is going to work. Every gravity feed will get you all the uncommons. I only had 7 duplicate uncommons and no duplicate rares. Seems to me in order to get enough of the "good" cards to trade with, you'll probably get them all yourself.

Sorry to say but you are incorrect. Not "every one" will get you "everything" of any rarity.

I was missing ;

6 commons
16 uncommons
21 rares
4 super rares

Maybe mine was a sour box, but it proves that wizkids doent have any system to make sure there is a certain amount of a rarity going into a box

Also i have 1 dup rare to top it off....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranerdar wrote:

Well I guess it depends........to get to the 4 dice (that most cards max out at I believe) most people will be looking for doubles of the commons(as they should be more plentiful) and doubles of all the starter character Uncommons versions (if they don't go the double starter route).

From the early reports the SRs sould like they will be a bit of a pain/issue but the Rares/Commons/Uncommons(at least 8 of them) should be good for trading purposes I would think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lesovoy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Man I ordered three gravity feed boxes in the hope of at least topping off one complete set and having tons to trade, now it appears like maybe five or more would be required just for the SRs and even then there is no guarantee with less then one per gravity feed that you might get all four or that they would not be a repeat. I sold off my fourth gravity feed that is on the way now it is looking like I'll regret that decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought 3 boosters and got a red wolverine. Is that a super rare?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
warpi9 wrote:

Yes, red is super rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
warpi9 wrote:

your a turd.. I dont believe you dont know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Early reports are very disappointing particularly in the light if all the assurances from wizkids regarding distribution ratios being friendly. I was skeptical at first about investing in a collectable game but was won over partly by these assurances (also admittedly as the game looks like massive fun).

Right now I'm pretty peed off at wizkids who think have at best been misleading in their prerelease hype. If they had been straighter about distribution I think would still have ended up ordering the starter set +2 booster boxes that I have coming but I wouldn't be feeling that I'd been ever so slightly conned (if that isn't too strong). As it stands I'd be thinking about cancelling my order due to the bad taste left by (IMO) misleading info, but my 12 year old is very excited about dice masters.

I had planed on placing similar preorders fr future MDM sets, I doubt verymuch that I'll be doing that now.

I am not a hater, I am still very much looking forward to playing MDM, and yes even to opening the boosters. But my opinion of wizkids has fallen through the floor.

Chris (willing to revise these opinions in the light of further data)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to my LCS on lunch and got a starter (glad i preordered as he ordered 20 starters for the store and only received 6!)and 20 boosters.

Character wise I'm only missing angel and doctor strange.
I actually got 3 cards in one booster. Ironically loki's trickster card. I pulled only 1 super rare- black widow.

Rare cards I pulled:
Ghost rider brimstone biker
Hawkeye Robin Hood
Night crawler circus freak
Nova human rocket
War machine James Rhodes
Wolverine formly weapon 10

I also pulled the common of mjolnir and vibranium shield.

Cards were bent yes but not a deal breaker. Only 1 hulk die was a little wonky paint wise.

Question- how do you plan to play the game with two players? I was planning on doing only 1 type of hero/villian per team....hence my desire to get at least one die for each character--or at least two in case my opponent wants to use the same character (I'll allow that) (:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McMahon
United States
Warrenton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No super rares in my booster box.
10 rares
35 uncommon
75 common

Anyone else seeing a pattern in distribution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.