Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Cobb
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this has been asked a kazillion times. I did do a forum search first.

I detest the new art direction in the latest version for one of the games that I own. In my collection, I have specified the version that I own. However, when I look at my play history, the thumbnail I see is for the new art box cover instead of the version I own.

Is there a way for me to see the wonderful older box art when I view a game instead of the hideous new art? Thanks in advance for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/22
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jacob4408 wrote:
Apologies if this has been asked a kazillion times. I did do a forum search first.

I detest the new art direction in the latest version for one of the games that I own. In my collection, I have specified the version that I own. However, when I look at my play history, the thumbnail I see is for the new art box cover instead of the version I own.

Is there a way for me to see the wonderful older box art when I view a game instead of the hideous new art? Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, you do this by going to the list of games you own (My Geek, Collection), then click in the version field and select the version you want to see.

Also, if there isn't a version showing the image you want, then create that version and once its approved you can then select it at that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I have different images in the collection and in the played views.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/22
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lolcese wrote:

Ah, I see. I guess making the version change isn't reflected there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cobb
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tasajara wrote:
lolcese wrote:

Ah, I see. I guess making the version change isn't reflected there.

Exactly. I have the version information set for my owned games and in my collection the image for my version is correct. However in my play history the new version is used.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but if there was an easy way to change that then I would be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is probably because, as far as I have understood from various discussions (when someone asked why they can't log plays of versions separately), all plays are consolidated to the main game entry, and they no longer carry the version information at that stage. The plays display would need to reference your collection, check if only one version of the game exists to show a picture from that. But what if you have multiple versions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cobb
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
It is probably because, as far as I have understood from various discussions (when someone asked why they can't log plays of versions separately), all plays are consolidated to the main game entry, and they no longer carry the version information at that stage. The plays display would need to reference your collection, check if only one version of the game exists to show a picture from that. But what if you have multiple versions?

Makes sense. Thanks. And btw, excellent avatar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.