United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Yet another Primus question...

So there is a Treacherous gladiator on each side in a primus.
Both want to switch sides ASAP so they will be 3 vs 1 and so likely win.
Who gets to switch?

We came up with plenty of house rules, but I'm interested in if there is anything actually written (we sure couldn't find it .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume when it's their turn to activate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
0 hr wrote:

Both want to switch sides ASAP so they will be 3 vs 1 and so likely win.
Who gets to switch?

Couldn't they decide amongst themselves which would be most advantageous? i'm sure they could discuss, once it becomes 3v1, it likely isn't going to be an issue which side they are both on. this seems like it's a problem that doesn't need a solution,because the solution is "the first one to switch gets to switch..." because the outcome will be the same regardless of which one switches first.

now if they were both on the same team... and they both wanted to switch sides... i'd probably make it come down to whoever rolled higher during the initiative round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Yea, I mispoke about them being on different teams. In our specific situation both would have been on the same team and so the guy who switches first will likely win while the one who is left alone will likely lose. It may was decided the whole game too (because we were right near the end).

A Speed check was one of many options we came up with - though our eventual solution was to send in a different mix of gladiators so as to avoid having to house rule the situation. It was a pain though, and completely derailed an already overlong game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
0 hr wrote:
A Speed check was one of many options we came up with - though our eventual solution was to send in a different mix of gladiators so as to avoid having to house rule the situation. It was a pain though, and completely derailed an already overlong game.

Ah, yes... with them both on the same team... that makes things more difficult.

I think i'd go with whichever rolled higher during that turns initiative round. but as far as i know, there isn't an official ruling on who gets to stab the other in the back first.

But I think it'd be fair to just have them either do a speed roll between eachother, or use their initiative roll to determine which one was "faster"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.