Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Painter
Canada
Kingston
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
O M G ! I bought a box of boosters today in Canada ($1.77 each booster pkg)and thought I would be in heaven, even though the base game was not in the store. Instead I spent most of the time swearing at the condition of the cards. Smooshed is a good word. The way they are squeezed together with dice makes a very "bent" and "dimpled" product. The middle section in the booster box seemed to have the most damage as it was squeezed in on all sides making the cards warped.

Anyone else have the same experience?

I am very disappointed and probably will not buy another booster. Buyers beware this expensive (over time) game deserves better packaging!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are warped but I wouldn't call it bent, as there is no permanent crease.

It's definitely not a good design, but ultimately it doesn't matter one bit to me because it doesn't affect play in any way. Unless you are drafting there is no need to blind draw the cards, they are just used as placeholders for your heroes. Even with drafting the cards aren't marked or dinged so it's not like you would know what a card is from the backside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
I never saw how they couldn't have been bent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I do wish they would use cardboard instead of cardstock to add some rigidity , but I only got a few cards that are really bad. Even those are straitening out under some weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a picture of my warping. Every last pack had this problem, some worse than this.

However, I had zero tearing or any other defect, and I'm pretty certain sleeving and packing the cards tightly will fix them right up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
I never saw how they couldn't have been bent.

This. You're packing cards and dice in a foil wrapper. While I can appreciate the sentiment that it's not a good idea to package them like that (though I like the cheap price point it provides), I don't see how anyone would think the cards wouldn't bend in there. Especially after picking one of them up and being able to feel the bend pre-purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least do a quick search for a similar thread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1160457/warped-cards-in-boos...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Verhelst
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, if you've every played or seen Heroclix and had some expansions, you're quite familiar with this. Ultimately it was never much of a problem in Heroclix and I don't expect it to be here either. Just store them in a card binder when not in use and they'll be ship shape in no time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bogle
United States
Belmont
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards will be bent its due to the packaging and remember guys this is a DICE game the cards are only really meant for reference just like with Heroclix. Now I know there are collectors out there heck Im one of them we just have to find the BEST of our pack cards, Flatten them out (in sleeves works best if you stack is not too high) and give it a day or 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghaerdon wrote:
O M G ! I bought a box of boosters today in Canada ($1.77 each booster pkg)and thought I would be in heaven

I am more in shock at the $1.77 price tag!
My FLGS is selling at $0.89 per pack!

C.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Scott
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's better than how their cards come out of their heroclix gravity feeds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Robles
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I called it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
buck fuddr
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the cards flatten out very very easily so newcomers dont be afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Judnick
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
I ended up with one pack that got fused into the glue of the foil pack at the bottom.

I had to tear them apart because they were slightly stuck together at the very bottom, leaving some of the card getting ripped up (so it's all white, like peeling glue off any card stock). Luckily, one was a duplicate common Magneto. The other was my only Doctor Doom (common), but I don't have enough dice to field Doom in the tournament format yet anyways.

I can live with some shoddy dice and warped (but easily bendable/fixable) cards, but hopefully we don't see too many that get stuck together like that (and I only picked up 16 boosters)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bequette
United States
East Carondelet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fwj_777 wrote:
I ended up with one pack that got fused into the glue of the foil pack at the bottom.

I had to tear them apart because they were slightly stuck together at the very bottom, leaving some of the card getting ripped up (so it's all white, like peeling glue off any card stock). Luckily, one was a duplicate common Magneto. The other was my only Doctor Doom (common), but I don't have enough dice to field Doom in the tournament format yet anyways.

I can live with some shoddy dice and warped (but easily bendable/fixable) cards, but hopefully we don't see too many that get stuck together like that (and I only picked up 16 boosters)

Out of 65 Packs I opened today, 3 of them had this same problem. Not a huge deal since they're for reference, but it is a bit of a pain.

However!

I pulled a spider-man die out of a pack and a whole corner was chipped off. That's what I'm the most upset about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Robles
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbequette wrote:
Out of 65 Packs I opened today, 3 of them had this same problem. Not a huge deal since they're for reference, but it is a bit of a pain.

However!

I pulled a spider-man die out of a pack and a whole corner was chipped off. That's what I'm the most upset about.

So out of 130 dice, a single chipped one really upset you.....

whistle

I bought nine packs and all the cards and dice were ok. I got 12 commons, 2 uncommon, 3 rares and 1 super-rare (Wolverine Canucklehead). Now if only I can find the actual starter box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter J
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fwj_777 wrote:

Same for me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
appleb wrote:

Had one of those too. Also with Dr. Strange (other card was mystique). I'm just happy it was only 2 common cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Bruno
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's horrible to put it mildly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Wolvercote wrote:
It's horrible to put it mildly.

I'd say that you're exaggerating, not putting it mildly. Tears/cards stuck together are serious issues, but most cards are just slightly bent. I've had 1 gravity feed and a starter's-worth in a Really Useful Box for 2 days and you can barely even tell they were bent.

So "horrible" isn't a mild analysis - it's over the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Robles
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IT'S HORRIBLE!!! I expect better quality control for the thousands of packs being made and sold for $1.00!

Just kidding. So far I've yet to find any "horribly" damaged cards. And I have still not found at starter box. Guess I'm going to have to order on the internets....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.