Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Shadow of Nerekhall» Forums » Rules

Subject: shadow walker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nick smith
msg tools
does the shadow figure apply for every other heros attacks and a card in the deck says it gains pierces 1, does this apply for everyone or just the shadow walker?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the Shadow Soul really powerful, and the only defense is to run away from it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. It never leaves the board unless a skill makes it leave.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick smith
msg tools
okay, i thought it was to good to be true lol so it can double move only right, either before or after the shadow walker goes? giving it 2spaces?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It moves its speed before or after, 1 space.
But you could trigger soul bound when making an attack that's not a miss to move it, even putting it under other monsters. It's a great class.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Everyone.


So otherworldly does let everyone's attack gain pierce 1?

I know it reads that way but I assumed it was just tied to the class and only the shadow walker benefited from it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick smith
msg tools
to craig b, can't it double move? making it two spaces as it follows rules for familiars?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostface26 wrote:
to craig b, can't it double move? making it two spaces as it follows rules for familiars?


This is from page 17 of the core rules
familiar wrote:
When activated, a familiar may perform a move action following the same
rules as heroes. Familiars treat any special terrain (other than obstacles)
as water during their movement. The familiar may perform additional
types of actions during its activation, as noted on its Familiar card. These
additional actions, unless otherwise noted, may be performed in addition
to the move action and may interrupt the move action in a way similar to
hero move actions. If no such other actions are noted, then all the familiar
can do on its turn is move up to its Speed value


I highlighted the relevant parts.

So the shadow soul with no upgrades can't move through water during its move because its Speed Value is only 1
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Nielsen
msg tools
Can you trigger soul bound when making an attack that's not a miss to move the Shadow soul, if its already on the board?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how we play it and nothing restricts that from happening. You are just limited to one shadow soul on the map at a time. If you could not do that then the shadow soul would never be able to keep up with the party with his one movement speed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Nielsen
msg tools
But is that not the reason for the abilities that allow you to destroy your Shadow Soul?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No removing a shadow soul is just another cost of those particular skills. How many skills let you remove it from the map? What if you didn't buy those skills? Would the shadow soul only ever move 1 space, unless another ability allows him to move?

I mean I could be wrong but until the FAQ is released FFG won't answer questions regarding this.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
I might be wrong, but don't the typical familiar rules apply to the shadow soul that allow you to remove it electively at any point during your turn?

Those rules are typically in the rulebook (base for Necro, LotW for Geomancer, etc). I haven't read the SoN rulebook recently though, don't remember for sure.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mustardayonnaiz wrote:
ghostface26 wrote:
to craig b, can't it double move? making it two spaces as it follows rules for familiars?


This is from page 17 of the core rules
familiar wrote:
When activated, a familiar may perform a move action following the same
rules as heroes. Familiars treat any special terrain (other than obstacles)
as water during their movement. The familiar may perform additional
types of actions during its activation, as noted on its Familiar card. These
additional actions, unless otherwise noted, may be performed in addition
to the move action and may interrupt the move action in a way similar to
hero move actions. If no such other actions are noted, then all the familiar
can do on its turn is move up to its Speed value


I highlighted the relevant parts.

So the shadow soul with no upgrades can't move through water during its move because its Speed Value is only 1


Shadow soul ignore terrain restriction. I believe it can move onto water at 1 movement cost.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
'

Doesn't say it ignores terrain, only that it can occupy any space or terrain.

When it moves it uses its speed of 1, which isn't enough to move into an adjacent water space.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mustardayonnaiz wrote:
'

Doesn't say it ignores terrain, only that it can occupy any space or terrain.

When it moves it uses its speed of 1, which isn't enough to move into an adjacent water space.


Oh ok. Sorry my mistake.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casper jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Quote:
Hi Casper,

Yes, the shadow soul can be removed and placed if it is already on the map.

Thanks for playing,

Nathan Hajek
Creative Content Developer
Fantasy Flight Games
nhajek@fantasyflightgames.com


Makes it really strong...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesnt the MAY OCCUPY ANY SPACE aplly to water too?! One can argue that it does.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Its not about if it can occupy water or not, it can occupy water. It can be summoned into any space regardless of terrain. It just can't use its speed of 1 to move into a space that requires more than one movement point. It doesn't ignore terrain, just has the ability to occupy any terrain.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.