Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Subject asks it all. I'm thinking of getting this game, but would prefer something that plays well solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy it as a solo game, but there is a bit of set up involved. Now that there is an iPad app, though, my physical copy has not been getting a lot of play time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a solo game I prefer the iOS implementation. The scoring is automated and there is a solo challenge mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Regs
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I like it solo. It actually has two different solo modes - Lone Architect, and against "Dale" a robot. Slight differences, but same basic feel. Good way to learn the rules. Interesting choices, and "Dale" is actually kinda difficult to beat.

Also the expansion is easily added, even if playing only solo - if that's a consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The one with "Dale" is fun. You can find interesting way to interact with the bot.

The one without the bot is a nice way to learn how to play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McGoff
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm strictly a solo gamer and I can say this is definitely a great solo game. There is enough game here to make this a challenging and entertaining solo game every time it gets to the table. The design of Suburbia is top notch. I agonize over every decision I make in this game and I love the game for making me care. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. I was going to buy this game a year ago and hesitated because I could not find enough answers to the "does it play well solo" question. It's a fantastic game. Will I get bored after 50 plays? I really don't think I will but I do know I will never regret buying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.