Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait till you hear this....
So, got a Random on last box...roll its a Luftwaffe gift of a lone ship.
I think...Ok, will get one more for the road. Mind you, this is my last patrol of the Campaign/Career...
I sink the ship....I then roll on encounter chart to get the last move to get to port...I roll A/C...Damn!
Do my roll and its a 1 attack w/1 injured type...Of course my flak guys miss...lol(aren't you guys Elite?)
I do my modified roll for number of hits....I GET SUNK!!!!devil
I cant believe it as I am looking at the dice...
I really am reliving the "Das Boot" Effect here...as the Capt watches his boat sunk in port and dies...What a Career...
46 ships for 416000 tons...
Highest Promotion w/KCwOSD

Just thought would share this with you guys....

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bless me, over 400 Kilotons ! What a career !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the kind of great relationship and excitement that this great game builds. Of course the inevitable agony is never easy....lol

Thanks for sharing....and yeah....nice career...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Frąckowiak
Poland
Kołobrzeg/Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, paraphrasing the classic... Biscay happens

Seriously, very nice outcome on the tonnage and number of ships sunk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myke, I'm surprised by some aspects of your report.

k9mike wrote:
Wait till you hear this....
So, got a Random on last box...roll its a Luftwaffe gift of a lone ship.
I think...Ok, will get one more for the road. Mind you, this is my last patrol of the Campaign/Career...
I sink the ship....I then roll on encounter chart to get the last move to get to port...I roll A/C...Damn!

If you rolled a Random Event in the last travel box, why would you make another encounter check ?

Encounter are checked after entering a Travel Box, not for moving between boxes. And In Port Box isn't considered a Travel Box for that purpose. See sequence of play [6.1].2.B.

k9mike wrote:
Of course my flak guys miss...lol(aren't you guys Elite?

What was you Crew Status in 1943?

Because, if your Crew Status was Veteran or Elite, you get a -1 DRM on [A2] Chart and could no more miss an aircraft (except in a Type VIIA).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Frank...I was thinking that the random event was not part of the actual box process an still had to do another after the random event was done...Guess I made it then... can have retirement in Hamburg now...hehehe...
Thanks again to all for comments and any and all help with learning this great game. Can be a bit confusing at times but all in all think got the gist of it down.
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice catch by Frank. Yes, the first time you roll for a Random Event while out on a patrol, you skip checking for any possible Encounter (the random event replaces it). Once you've conducted a random event on a single patrol, it can not occur a second time for that same patrol. You would treat the '12' as listed on the Encounter Table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hurrah for Frank !!

So, it WAS exactly like in Das Boot. K9Mike's commander was already on the dock when the aircraft sank his vessel at its mooring !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well....Ran another Campaign this time mirroring the exploits of U-505
had a lot of similarities...lol
Except in the end....My boat did not have to surface and fail to scuttle...I got bombed by an Aircraft with only 2 boxes to go for completion. As consolation...I did shoot the plane down...lol.
Had 24 ships for 190400 tons....all hands lost...War is Hell..soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
Hurrah for Frank !!

So, it WAS exactly like in Das Boot. K9Mike's commander was already on the dock when the aircraft sank his vessel at its mooring !!

But didn't the commander die in Das Boot!? So K9Mike has to do in his Kmdt. still... whistle

Great carrier there K9Mike!

Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Mustang

Ashland
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Frank confused me with this:

What was you Crew Status in 1943?

Because, if your Crew Status was Veteran or Elite, you get a -1 DRM on [A2] Chart and could no more miss an aircraft (except in a Type VIIA).

I take that you mean he couldn't miss on table A2, but you hit on 1-5 and you are rolling TWO D6. The above makes me think you are rolling ONE D6 and not two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
But didn't the commander die in Das Boot!?

No! I refuse to believe that! He merely bit his lip really badly and slipped over.

He got up later. He was fine. So was the ginger-haired comic relief guy: he wasn't dead - he was just resting. Comic relief guys can't die - I learned that from Galaxy Quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnymustang wrote:
The above makes me think you are rolling ONE D6 and not two.

zombie blush OMG! shake

Sorry for the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Beery wrote:
jasta6 wrote:
But didn't the commander die in Das Boot!?

No! I refuse to believe that! He merely bit his lip really badly and slipped over.

He got up later. He was fine. So was the ginger-haired comic relief guy: he wasn't dead - he was just resting. Comic relief guys can't die - I learned that from Galaxy Quest.

OH but the fifth member of the landing party ALWAYS die, it's just that way... mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He must be wearing a "Red" Shirt...lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.