Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked up the expansion and as I began going through the cards, I noticed they felt slightly more firm than 8.5x11 printing paper. They are significantly different from the base cards and are a nightmare to shuffle with the base set. Is this normal???? Anyone have this issue and get a corrected set or is the entire expansion basically lower quality?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noticed another thread about this and it looks like one person was successful with replacements. Anyone else have any luck or is everyone just sleeving the game? Shuffling right now is abysmal with completely different card stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were not that different from each other, but they are a different size. I keep meaning to sleeve so that shuffling will be easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had problems with the card quality in each expansion (I have a second printing, so it's pretty old), so I just ended up sleeving my cards. It's the only game where I actually did that for linen coated cards! I use clear sleeves, I think Mayday pennys will work perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
Mine were not that different from each other, but they are a different size. I keep meaning to sleeve so that shuffling will be easier.

Mine are a slightly different size as well. A bit smaller and much thinner. I hate sleeving, but it seems like you have to with this game. Wiz kids must have stock in ultra pro. Guess I'll email them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
often wrote:
I've had problems with the card quality in each expansion (I have a second printing, so it's pretty old), so I just ended up sleeving my cards. It's the only game where I actually did that for linen coated cards! I use clear sleeves, I think Mayday pennys will work perfectly.

Avoid Mayday penny sleeves at all costs. Everyone I know who has bought these has regretted it.

Mayday always claim 'bad batch', but there are so many threads on it now, it isn't just that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used thousands of Mayday penny sleeves with zero problems, but maybe I'm just sucking up all the good ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Very happy with Mayday penny sleeves so far. Maybe 1% of sleeves are a bit off, but IMHO that is ok at that price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Went with ultra pro sleeves. Shuffling is a breeze now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Went with ultra pro sleeves. Shuffling is a breeze now!

Nice! I went with KMZ Perfect Fit. Those work like a charm too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.