Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Westfall
United States
East Wakefield
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At first, if someone asked me my subject line, my instinctive response would have been, "Why would you want to do that?"

I'd never had this situation pop up before, but tonight, while I was playing with Krang...

One of his Skills allows you to use a +4 attack ability, but you have to flip the skill token over after use. Then, when resting on another turn, the token can be flipped face up to use again on a future turn.

So, I wanted to do that, but had a hand full of some heal cards.

So, I then wondered, since I had a 3 heal cards/3 heal points, could I use those for getting rid of 2 wounds in hand and 1 on a Unit, and then rest for the turn, by discarding a card without any wounds? (instead of having to put a wound to the discard pile by resting first?)

When looking at the rulebook, it mentions to 'discard 1 Non-Wound Card, and then any number of Wound cards' to the discard pile.

Is Zero 'any number'?
or
Does 'any number' imply 1+? and therefore requiring a minimum of 1 wound card in hand to Rest?

I know I can basically do all non combat stuff on a rest turn (but now wondering also if I HAVE to rest prior to playing other cards)

Hmmmmmm...
Anyone run into this before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zero is a number
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hulu hulu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rest for 0 wound is essentially equals to do nothing and discard one card at the end of turn, which is legal. You just cannot hold your entire hand and play no card to pass a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Krang can be so lazy at times...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You want to play healing cards and then for your action flip back your skill token. Since you played a card, there is no need to "rest." You played a card, so your turn is legal without further discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliallison wrote:
You want to play healing cards and then for your action flip back your skill token. Since you played a card, there is no need to "rest." You played a card, so your turn is legal without further discard.

The turn has to be declared a "resting turn"! You cannot flip the skill token back as an action. We are talking about the Battle Frenzy skill, not the Shamanic Ritual!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Westfall
United States
East Wakefield
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...I should have given more detail.
Yes, I am talking about 'Battle Frenzy', which requires 'spending a turn resting' to flip back over.

Thanks for the feedback.
I thought zero was a number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
rulebook page 5 wrote:
Depending on the contents of your hand, you can either take a Standard Rest (if you have at least one card other than a Wound in your hand) or a Slow Recovery (if you have only Wound cards in your hand).

• Standard Rest: Discard one non-Wound card and any number of Wound cards.

So it would seem that you can rest without wound but you need to discard at least one non-Wound card. "Any number" is your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Ozo

San Francisco
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm maybe it should have said "...any natural, odd or even, number of wound cards." I bet that's how the myth authors would have written it. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
aliallison wrote:

The turn has to be declared a "resting turn"! You cannot flip the skill token back as an action. We are talking about the Battle Frenzy skill, not the Shamanic Ritual!

Oh. I was thinking of the skill where flipping is an action. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Westfall
United States
East Wakefield
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the reaffirmation, gang.

I had a friend adamantly say that I couldn't do this, and it was a translation issue, since it was originally written in Czech.

It's nice to know others out there were thinking/knowing like I was.

The Babylonians and Mayans would be proud.
Long live the Zero!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.