Popular Tags: [View All]
josh willhite
United States
La Junta
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've finished one project (a card game that uses a spinning Lazy Susan as you discard), and abruptly stopped working on another project (Klin Zha, Klingon Chess, but I'm weary of IP conflicts). So now I'm at a crossroads. I have piles of basic game ideas written down in my mad scientist game design journal and all sorts of designs just waiting to get worked on, but I'd like you all to help me decide what to work on next.

I appreciate your opinions, ideas, and taking the time to take my poll.

Poll
Which game them should I work on next?
Fleas on a dog trying to get the most energy before the owner has enough of the scratching and gives him a bath.
A card drafting/betting game, "made" by futuristic mercenaries, using I.D. tags and ration tokens.
A simple, light SciFi theme RTS (real time strategy) style wargame.
13 microgames that use coins as tokens and dice, shoved into a single tuckbox.
A wargame where each player commands and manages a single tank and its crew.
work with my 7 year-old to make a game with her (I've already done this with my 9 year-old daughter)
Something entirely different (write ideas down below).
      40 answers
Poll created by jawmonkey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
josh willhite
United States
La Junta
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate all those who took the time to vote (although two of you picked "something entirely different" and didn't write any ideas...). I figured I would update everyone as to what's going on. By all means, continue to vote. I mean, in theory I'll finish a project and have to move on to another.

I'm going to go ahead with the two most popularly voted options (as of 4-27-14); the flea game and make a game with my daughter. I'll mainly be working on the flea game during those times when my daughter doesn't feel like working on her game.

After a few days of brainstorming, me and my daughter (Audra) will be making "Warrior Princess of Aku". Basically a Super Dungeon Explore/Descent style dungeon hunt on a mysterious secluded tropical island (inspired by the theme of the sitcom "Pair of Kings"), over run with "spider pygmies" and mummies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see a micro game for 1-2 players in the tradition of Oh My Lair! which is Mexican cartel-themed and uses anaglyphs/3D glasses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanen Opolis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A poll for your concepts sounds like a good idea. I have about a dozen games on the back burner. I think I'll try a similar poll once I'm ready to move on from my current project.

Unfortunately, I had to choose "something entirely different" option, because none of those ideas sound really intriguing to me. Sorry bud! The 7-year-old might come up with something cool, but make sure you talk to the community about it ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Would really love to see that tank game...seriously, would really love to see that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
josh willhite
United States
La Junta
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
@LK: the tank game will probably be the next project after the flea and kid's game. I have a decent amount of work put into it, I even have the crew cards made (commander, driver, gunner, loader). The cards have a "ready" and "wounded" status, then you remove them when incapacitated (tank emergency AI takes over), all this has an effect on that crew member's abilities and options. One of the main things I'm struggling with is how to prevent tanks from driving up to each other and just unloading until one gets taken out (recce and regeneration should help). I'm a big fan of the PC game World of Tanks and would love to see a board game version of it. I'm going to use far-future tanks instead to justify vital systems to come back online (as a track magically repairing itself on a modern tank really is silly).

I've gotten the flea game down to needing about two more pieces of artwork before cleaning stuff up and playing around on Photoshop to make them presentable. Warrior Princess of Aku will need a pile of art from Audra before I can proceed any further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.