Building my first deck. Pretty new so any advice would be great. I have the core set and creation n control. Cheers
As i have told before. Try 1st core pre-made Shaper. Then when you have played it and saw what you liked or not, then you can add or remove cards to your liking.
I, myself, have just core and 3 datapacks, and for now it makes my decks a bit diverse.
And you can try http://cardgamedb.com/ to see what other people have made their decks and make your own there aswell.
- Last edited Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:03 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:01 am
With Shaper, it's always important to remember: If you manage to setup a Monolith, even if you lose, you win.
I see the following C+C cards often in my local meta:
Whether that means you should include them in your deck is another matter
- Last edited Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:30 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:28 pm
Here's something I tossed together using a single core and a copy of C&C.
Some things to think about:
- a single core allows you to only run 1 of any console. This deck has a single Desperado in it, but you won't see it consistently.
- Shaper's "staple" is versatility. With only the two sets you currently own, you miss out on Test Run which is key for both grabbing important breakers right when you need them (esp. Femme) and recycling cards that were trashed for one reason or another. You do have 3 Clone Chips at your disposal as well as a single Levy AR to help.
- Tinkering can be powerful because the Corp will tend to play to what breakers you currently have out.
- Don't forget that Kate's discount fires even when you install something for free. Unless you're desperate, try to install SMC after installing something else to make sure you get the discount.
In all, you can have a lot of fun with just those two packs but your world opens up considerably when you start adding the datapack expansions.
Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Modded (Core Set)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
1x Stimhack (Core Set) •
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x The Maker's Eye (Core Set)
3x Tinkering (Core Set)
2x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x Desperado (Core Set) •••
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) •
2x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
2x Datasucker (Core Set) ••
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
2x Parasite (Core Set) ••••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Creation and Control
Deck built on NetrunnerDB.