Popular Tags: [View All]
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering, has anybody seen an update on the status of the new edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can buy it right now.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/191207
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so I can. I had it on preorder with Marvel Dicemasters, I suspect that's what's holding up my shipment..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received mine, and I have to say, for the money it is much better than I hoped for! Decent quality minis, no flash, well designed rulebooks, colour photos throughout, hard mounted playing boards... Highly Recommended for anyone thinking about this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my copy a few days ago. Very happy with the contents. No complaints here. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the older version of this, does anyone that has the new one recommend springing for this new update? Can anyone post a picture of a couple minis so I can compare? Any other differences between versions?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
I have the older version of this, does anyone that has the new one recommend springing for this new update? Can anyone post a picture of a couple minis so I can compare? Any other differences between versions?

Thanks!

You can see comparison photos here:

http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=159

The maps are mounted in the new version. The premium mechs are different. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.

I sold off my 25th anniversary set and upgraded to the new set. It's not a bad upgrade, but the differences are pretty minor. I'm planning on using 3rd edition Unseen plastics, so the big upgrade, the higher quality minis, isn't as useful to me personally as it may be to other people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that link! My boards are mounted, and these minis look better, but not THAT much better. Looks like I'll keep what I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
"No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood."
badge
Small talk (noun): insincere questions and dishonest answers.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there two 2014 editions? The 2014-03-27 post at bg.battletech.com stated that it was already available then (but not yet per the previous post on 2014-02-28), but the BGG versions section and the 2014-06-21 Origins preview video said it wasn't available then.

If there are two 2014 editions, what are the differences, is there a code to distinguish them (Catalyst 3500B vs ?), and when will the 2nd 2014 ed. realistically be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.