Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Negrelli
Italy
Verona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've a simple but important question about the object.
When you choose to use a building you've to put your person marker on it, where there's no other markers (a part the final phase).

Well it's correct to say that I'll regain may person marker at the end of the players' turn ?

Or I'll regain it only before my new turn ? In this case my marker would occupy the building that I choose before preventing to use it to the others players before my turn.

I hope I was clear

thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your marker stays on the building until it is your next turn. So yes, it prevents others from using that building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Negrelli
Italy
Verona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Sure ! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Sparke
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The marker stays on that building until you next choose to use another building. There is no part of the turn that is 'return player markers', so your player marker remains where he is until he moves to another building.

This means that if you use a building, and then spend several turns taking goods from an offer, you might block that building for several turns.

When you next choose to use a building, you then move your marker to any unoccupied building and take the action.

Note: you only get to use the building upon entry, so you don't get the benefits from sitting on a building other than blocking it, and when you decide to use a building, you must move your disc, so you may not use the same building twice in a row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually your person marker stays on the building until you move it, or the building is bought or sold.

If you take resources on your next turn your person marker stays blocking the building it was on. A popular tactic is to use the wharf, then spend several turn collecting resources so that no one else can build a ship (unless the other wharf is built)!

damn ninja'ed by a few seconds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Sparke
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zark wrote:

damn ninja'ed by a few seconds

I'm not known for my stealth and subtlety, but apparently this time I made an exception!

One additional thing I forgot to add, you are removed from a building if that building is sold.

This means that if you are in another players building, they can sell that building to the town (for half price), remove you from it, and then use it themselves (although now paying any entry fees). They could then buy the building back on subsequent turns (but not the same turn, as is specified in the rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Negrelli
Italy
Verona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes David and Christopher, now all is clear
but I didn't think about that way to gain resources preventing the other players to enter in that building (a part if sold) ...

a really irritating action devil

ciao !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CWSparke wrote:

One additional thing I forgot to add, you are removed from a building if that building is sold.

or bought (this can only occur with a town building as the only other buildings you can buy are those in the buildings proposal and you can't activate them as they haven't been built).

It would only be half the game without blocking buildings devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.