Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why is there no video of Mage Wars game played by good players? You see tones of those for Netrunner and SWLCG?

I know games are longer for Mage Wars but still, why no video of games at tournements? I've just had a look at the new videos for a Mage Wars game, but the game is from beginners, so still fun but not what I really want to see?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddard Stark
United States
Suwanee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Unfortunately recording at tournaments would be very costly. It costs money to get audio and video equipment after all, and then you have to pay people to actually record it and all that.

Arcane Wonders is a pretty small company right now, but as it grows, perhaps they will be able to do this in the future.

For now, check out this twitch channel. http://www.twitch.tv/charmyna

It is done by the best MW player in the world, Charmyna. He has plenty of videos up. It's played using a program called OCTGN. I highly recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah I know OCTGN, I just prefer to see real cards and players its more nice to look at! :)

As for paying, I mean everyone who has a camera can do this, why would you have to pay people to record games? I would think most player would be happy to have their game recorded, no? They already do it for Netrunner and SWLCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingAnus3 wrote:
Yeah I know OCTGN, I just prefer to see real cards and players its more nice to look at!

Then be glad that you don't have to look at me playing MW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah sorry not the players, the components! What a feeling it is to hold beautiful cards in its hands, beautifull spellbooks feeling like a MAGE, moving the cards on the board, rolling dice!!

I think I have a perversion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That video is REALLY blurry. I had to stop watching it because it was starting to hurt my eyes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because not nearly as many people play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah but still some do, and there are events and tournements, or simply game store.

Anyway, just wish someone would post some :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.