Subject: Anyone else 'win' a copy of this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like many folks on BGG I enter into the contests for games I think look cool, and way back at the end of last year I entered into City Council's contest and lo and behold. I won! I still have the email tucked neatly in my inbox, but what I lack is the game. I've contacted Golden Egg twice now, and received only silence for my efforts. I wouldn't even mind if I was told my winning is in error and I was to receive nothing, I would just like acknowledgement.

So the point of my post is to try to find other winners for the bgg contest and see if they managed to receive anything or not. I hope this doesn't' come across too 'rant'ish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many Kickstarter backers haven't received their games yet (such as myself), so hopefully your copy is on the way also. The company's communication has been fairly limited throughout/since the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane B

Gatineau
Québec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poserdisposer wrote:
Many Kickstarter backers haven't received their games yet (such as myself), so hopefully your copy is on the way also. The company's communication has been fairly limited throughout/since the campaign.

+1

A friend of mine backed the game on kickstarter and hasn't received his copy either. (Lives in Ottawa, Canada)

It requires a lot of patience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
abdon97 abdon97
United States
atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

So the point of my post is to try to find other winners for the bgg contest and see if they managed to receive anything or not. I hope this doesn't' come across too 'rant'ish.

i was another of the contest winners and haven't heard anything aside from thay initial email. other than replying to that message i have not sent another message to them.

from time to time i look in on the kickstarter updates and it appears they are still shipping things out so i'm just being patient. the KS backers certainly deserve their games before i do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the replies guys, it is nice to have some context for all of this and I don't mind waiting(or not getting it, since free) I was just looking to fill the info void.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Burbidge
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome that you've both won copies of the game. Maybe one of you will let me play it too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are near State College, Pa once I have it you're welcome to any game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
abdon97 abdon97
United States
atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
greg, should i ever get the game i will happily reserve the first play for you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Schitthelm
Germany
Erlangen
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it very interesting that I was able to buy a copy from their website after the kickstarter (missed it) and now hear that still many folks wait for their pledged games. For me this means I will not ever enter any kickstarter of that company.. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Leenaerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy months ago, but I'm from Belgium and I remember having read that production happened in Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Burgess
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Golden Egg seems to have a lot of troubles delivering on their promises. I was a backer of one of their original games (Fallen City of Karez). He's now over a year late in delivering our stretch goals. Enough people have complained about him Kickstarter has said he will no longer be allowed to run KS campaigns.

His latest update on Karez was to slander a subcontractor (he was 100% proven a liar within four days), blame them for all the delays, and then run away after being proven wrong. He allowed an optional 'miniatures' purchase with the first game though they weren't used and he blamed the mini's guy for the other stretch goal not being delivered - and then the minis were in people's hands in four days, as soon as the mini's guy started working around Elad.

Elad has since vanished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned by other KS backers, we just finished to ship all KS and pre-orders copies first.
We will start shipping out all contest winner's copies by next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
abdon97 abdon97
United States
atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
just to followup on this, i got my game today. thanks to Elad and Golden Egg Games for the contest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came today as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.