Popular Tags: [View All]
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
… while I'm quite familiar with the eponymous drink, I never once saw this game played there.

Not. Ever.

Nowhere.

Not even once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Gervais
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know you lived in Maui. That's cool, er, hot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZargonDDG wrote:
I didn't know you lived in Maui. That's cool, er, hot.

In Kahului it definitely was brutally hot at times!

Like a lot of locals I lived upcountry much of the time I was there. I was in a secluded little town called Olinda with an elevation of 3500' so we had highs in the low 80's during the summer and lows in the 40's at night in the winter.

Looked more like the Pacific Northwest than most imagine of the Pacific Islands. My house was nestled in the middle of a eucalyptus forest and I was 2 minutes down the road from a pine forest.

The amazing thing about Maui is that with the leeward and windward sides and the dramatic changes in elevation you can pretty much drive 15 minutes in any direction and find yourself in an entirely different microclimate and ecosystem.

Still have a storage unit in Lahaina that I need to retrieve a ton of stuff from including 3500+ vinyl records that I fear are destroyed by now. (the unit isn't climate controlled)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.