Subject: Gambits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
How do Gambits work? Are they shuffled in to your deck, or do you choose one at the start of the game to use? I guess I have the same question about Merc Crusier – does it go into the trade deck?

Just trying to understand why folks think 2 promo packs are necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably they want one per deck. If I understand correctly, each deck from the KS campaign came with a set of the promo cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Ah, so in the beginning of the game, you each choose a gambit and shuffle it into your deck? Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
sleemo wrote:
Ah, so in the beginning of the game, you each choose a gambit and shuffle it into your deck? Interesting.

i think you deal out gambits at the beginning of the game, and then they can be used at any time. most of them are one shot cards that will give you a boost of some kind (+2 trade, +8 combat etc), but some of them stay in effect until trashed. they dont get shuffled into your deck though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gambits actually have a grey border instead of a black border on the back, so I think it makes more sense that they are used whenever instead of shuffled into your deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards state that you select how many Gambit each player gets, then deal that number out to each player before the game starts. That is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chandler
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bottom of the gambit cards tell you what to do.

"When playing with Gambit cards, choose a number of them to be dealt face down to each player. You may reveal any Gambits at the start of the game or during your Main Phase."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.