Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it true that a shop can only get 1 each of the Borg Collective month 1-3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so... where did you hear that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought i read it on a post some where but can't seem to find it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Dole
msg tools
I've seen the rumor before. As far as I can tell, it's based on the following line on Wizkids' vendor solicitation:
Quote:

• Stores order Star Trek: Attack Wing - The Collective Storyline Organized Play Kits directly from their distributor. Star Trek: Attack Wing OP kit orders will be verified against a store’s demonstrated Attack Wing event performance. No retail store location may order more than 3 OP Kits total

and the Blind Brick solicitation:
Quote:

• Stores may order one (1) Star Trek: Attack Wing Tournament Brick for each Month One (SKU 71508), Month Two (71509),
and Month Three (71510) OP kits they order, while supplies last. Booster Bricks will arrive with their respective monthly
kits. Please contact your distributor for your allocation.

The common interpretation on the line "Star Trek: Attack Wing OP kit orders will be verified against a store’s demonstrated Attack Wing event performance" is that most stores will only get one OP. I suppose whether that means that most stores will only get 1 is up to Wizkids (but not out of the realm of likelyhood).

What I honestly think it means is that there will be fewer prize ships up for sale on eBay (at a higer price, of course) and that "legit" tournaments will be able to get 2 or 3 OP kits (with one brick per kit). What I hope it doens't mean is that stores that averaged fewer than ten players will be restricted to one kit.

references:
http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/71508-The-Col...
http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/71645-The-Col...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
All of the info available for collective OP and bricks:

In addition to those 41 announced and extant clamshell-packed retail expansions, there are 5 currently unknown ships that will be available in the OP draft kits that stores can optionally order to add a drafting element to the Collective OP tournaments this Summer. Retail stores can order one brick per OP kit.

They will be blind-packed in a flat rarity collation, meaning each brick of 10 is garunteed to have 2 of each ship (barring a legit mis-pack.)

The recommended format is to use the brick booster as the entry fee and use a format of 90 points preconstructed and 30 points drafted from the booster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrew thats what i was thinking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there is a lot of good information on their FAQ page about the collective.

Quote:
Q: What if I need three or more Star Trek: Attack Wing- The Collective Organized Play kits to support my store’s monthly Star Trek Attack Wing- The Collective events?
A: Talk to your Sales Rep; every request for additional kits will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

So a store can order up to 3 kits per month (with 1 brick per kit as mentioned in other places), but it's going to depend on the store's past performance, etc.

This is where you can view the FAQ about The Collective.

On the brick:
Quote:
Each ship pack contains options for generic/named ship, captains and upgrades that can provide multiple different configurations for a 30 point ship.

Fun times

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't even want to know what absurd prices the Stargazer is going to go for on Ebay. robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.