Smash Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Here" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chance Hanley
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I was playing a game with a friend of mine the other day, and I had an action played on a minion, which he destroyed with Infiltrate, claiming that "here", as in "destroy an action that has been played here", applied to action played on minions on a base as well as actions on a base: otherwise it would have specified to destroy an action played "on this base".

I let my friend get away with this, but now I have a minion in a faction I made that has an effect that triggers when an action is played on the base he's on, currently worded "Ongoing: after an action is played here, you may..." Do I need to change that to "After an action is played on this base", or does simply saying "here" imply that it only applies to cards played on the base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe, if I understand your question correctly, that "here" could be changed to "on this base" any time there is a question of rules application, and that would clear it up. At the moment, I can't think of any exception, which does not by any means signify that there isn't one. I'm not an expert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Post
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not believe we have official word yet, but majority belief is that "here" means on the base.

Going Bananas specifically states that it is actions on the base and minion, so that would be an example as to why here doesn't mean both.

For your card, I don't see why you wouldn't just put on this base to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.