Colin Nordstrom
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Board Games are Old School, I Be Old School
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that most people have difficulty winning on easy, so here's a solution. Not sure if it has been proposed. Add 12 (9 white and 3 colored) 30 sided dice to the game. These would be the 'throwing' dice. You would roll the regular D6 off to the side to determine 'hits'.

DF is a dexterity game, but how can it be that when a good throw has a poor chance of reaching the target. Why not just call the game Lucky Crap Shoot? A 30 sided die would bring more dexterity into the game and less dice bouncing randomness.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Geringer
United States
Forestburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Were getting pretty good at using the d6, expect on some of the more ridiculous shots or combination shots - which no die could make easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a 30 sided dice would ruin the game. it's suppose to have chaos. chucking a 30 sided dice would turn chaotic fun into cakewalk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, I don't think I'd ever miss with a d30. I don't even miss all that often with the d6.

Of course, this is one game I don't see the harm in house-ruling. If it helps you enjoy the game better, give it a try. I will say, however, that after enough plays throwing the d6 feels less and less awkward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Webb
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggestion: try a 30 sided dice as a special item you can buy at the emporium. It makes it into the game sometimes for one person only. Here is what I do with a 20 sided die:

Replaces a regular die. If user rolls 1 or 2, it's a miss (even if it's on the board). If they roll a 3-18 it just plays as a regular die. If they roll 19 or 20 it's a 19 or 20 hit. One drawback is that it never is a "eye" throw. We lost to a boss in a game tonight, and the next player who would have gone rolled it just to see how they would have done, hit the bulls eye, but rolled a 1 (it would have been a miss, no matter that it was in the bulls eye).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.