Nathan Dennis
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I Pre-Ordered a starter set from one of our FLGS and picked it up yesterday, but they only got one in and I had two ordered.

So I've been looking around town to try and grab the other .. all of the other gaming stores had sold out (most getting just 1 starter pack). This morning I checked in at 4 Targets and 2 Walmarts ... with no luck whatsoever .. No one even seemed to know what I was talking about and I couldn't even see that had cleared a space for the game or the boosters.

I'll check a few more stores after work today, but it's not looking good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also being in the Sacramento area, I've subscribed to this thread. Looking forward to hearing about what you find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Chen
United States
El Monte
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't recall anyone on here from the West Coast saying they found MDM at Targets yet. I'm in the LA area and have not found any yet. With Target being told not to ship until 4/23/14, it may be this weekend or next week before we start seeing MDM showing up in West Coast Target stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Martinell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
revvbard wrote:
So I Pre-Ordered a starter set from one of our FLGS and picked it up yesterday, but they only got one in and I had two ordered.

So I've been looking around town to try and grab the other .. all of the other gaming stores had sold out (most getting just 1 starter pack). This morning I checked in at 4 Targets and 2 Walmarts ... with no luck whatsoever .. No one even seemed to know what I was talking about and I couldn't even see that had cleared a space for the game or the boosters.

I'll check a few more stores after work today, but it's not looking good.

This is a good sign. Target doesn't stock the CCG section, another company comes in and stocks that section. Same thing at WalMart. The fact that there is no space is a likely indicator that they haven't been in this week yet. This is my assumption for at least a couple of days down in my area of Southern California. I've checked 4 Targets to find nothing, except that the CCG area looks relatively picked over... which to me says that they haven't been in to stock yet this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
andymonte wrote:
I don't recall anyone on here from the West Coast saying they found MDM at Targets yet. I'm in the LA area and have not found any yet. With Target being told not to ship until 4/23/14, it may be this weekend or next week before we start seeing MDM showing up in West Coast Target stores.

I am in San Diego. I called again today with the DCPI number and none of the Targets in San Diego county have MDM showing in stock. They did at least acknowledge it as an item in the system, so I guess that is something.

I have the starter preordered at my FLGS (Pair-A-Dice Games in Oceanside - great store) but they didn't get any copies in yesterday. They were hoping maybe something on Friday or maybe next week, but I won't be surprised if they are weeks or months away from fulfilling my order based on the WizKids announcement about the availability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
I think Sacramento is tapped out. The FLGS choices had all their starter (and most of the booster) stock claimed by opening on release day. I managed to reserve the last starter from Great Escape the day before release once their orders were in and pre-orders were set aside. When I was in the store picking up my order yesterday, somewhere around 5 or so customers came in to ask about MDM in just a few minutes, so I think interest is far beyond stock currently.

As to the big box stores, the announcement makes me pretty sure you won't see it there either for awhile (1 starter per store snail mail consolidated to bulk up high volume stores).

However, once things settle, a trading spot might be a good idea. Just a local way to trade out duplicate for missing rares or balance dice count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Goss
United States
Upland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody have a current list of the FLGS in the Sacramento area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head:

Viking Hobby
A-1 Comics
Great Escape Games
Hobbytown USA (Folsom)
Gamers Circle (Folsom)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Campbell
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And just in case you get a wild hair to drive down to SF, it's completely dry here too. No luck at EndGame, Black Diamond, Gamescape, Gator Games or Target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.