Galaxy Defenders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about alien movement...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Gisi
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
If a xeno beta has no los of an agent and move towards the closet agent and still has no los of any agent, would he move to a different hex in that area so he can get los for his next turn? Do they always stay in the middle? I'm not able to find out in the book whether or not they can move within the area to get los. I know it would make the game harder, but hey it's still a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, aliens always have the option to redeploy within the destination area every time they move. It has also been stated that aliens will always redeploy to base an agent if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Summerdale
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
Yes, aliens always have the option to redeploy within the destination area every time they move. It has also been stated that aliens will always redeploy to base an agent if possible.

In the rule book, since I was looking at this very rule today, it says they will ONLY redeploy to come adjacent to an agent, it doesn't say anything about redeploying to gain LOS.

Which makes sense to me anyway. If they didn't have LOS, how would the alien know that moving an extra hex would give them LOS? Unlike moving adjacent where the alien WOULD know an extra hex would engage the target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Gisi
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
That would make the most sense. I didn't think about like that haha. Thanks for the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing to note is that if the alien starts with LOS but loses it upon moving, they will redeploy to maintain LOS if they can. Clarified by Agent S here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.